Highlighted
kyarali Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Sitescope URL monitor false-positive alerts

Hello

We are checking page status is 200 or not. However sometimes we are getting false-positive alerts.

Such as -996, -998. These type of alerts are no meaningful for us. I guess these error codes procuding from Sitescope but I need to check only page's availability. When URL is not  available HTTP response code will be 404. As you know, when we create URL monitor, threshold settings are default. If page status is equal to 200, page status returns ok if not monitor status shows error.

To sum up, I want to build a better alert and threshold configuration in our URL monitoring side (actulaly to check page availability) and I don't want to get any alert like -998,-996. So, how can I create a better threshold configuration.

Thanks

Kerem 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Sitescope URL monitor false-positive alerts

Hello Kerem

If what you need is to avoid getting alerts depending on the response you can try with calculated metrics and use the different response in a single metric. That can  help you to have more control on the thresholds.

Best regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.