Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
WilliamWalteros Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sitescope cannot remove an alert

Hi,

I'm trying to remove some alerts but when I select an alert and clic on delete button, Sitescope shows an error message:

com.sun.proxy.$Proxy105 cannot be cast to

com.mercury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.interfaces.IMonitorConfig

In error.log I found:

2014-01-20 15:15:48, 273 [http-8080-Processor23] (RemoteProxyServlet.java:127) ERROR - UNCHECKED EXCEPTION: com.sun.proxy.$Proxy105 cannot be cast to com.mercury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.interfaces.IMonitorConfig

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.proxy.$proxy105 cannot be cast to com.mercury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.interfaces.IMonitorConfig

Please suggest me a solution. I'll apreciate it.

Sitescope 11.23 on Windows Server 2008 R2

Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Gunnar_L Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Sitescope cannot remove an alert

Hi,

Would you please let us know what happen if you try to modify/save some of those problematic alerts?

What type of alerts are you trying to delete? When did you notice that behavior?

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
Micro Focus Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Gunnar,

If I modify/save an alert I have no problem to do it.

I cannot delete any alert. All the alerts are 'problematics'

Error message appear when I clic on 'OK' button on the window "Are you sure you want to delete alert XXX?"

thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Would you please send me (via private message or to my email: gmlg@hp.com) a copy of your persistency folder?

In that way I can test this in my lab.

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
Micro Focus Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Gunnar,

I sent you persistency folder via email

Thank you for your help,

William

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

You are welcome.

I will test it and I will let you know my findings.

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi William,

I tested your configuration in my lab and seems that you are trying to remove the alerts from your HA server, did you try to remove them from the primary server?

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Yes, I tried to remove alerts from the primary server (where SS is installed), but does not work.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

William,

Please open a support ticket , seems that there are some corrupted alerts I was able to remove all of them from persistency and then I was able to create/delete new alerts without issues.

That means there is an issue  with one or more of the 121 configured alerts.

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
Absent Member.

The HP R&D team found that this is a defect of the SS 11.23 patch. If you try to remove an alert from a monitor, no problem, but, if you try to remove an alert from a group, it is not possible. So they said that in the next release or patch the issue will be solved.

William

0 Likes
Absent Member.. sitescopeuser Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi.

I'm also suffering this same problem. I'm running SiteScope 11.23.99 32-bit JVM, Build 355 on Windows 2008 R2.

Is it patch titled 'SiS 11.23 32 and 64 Cumulative Fixes SS1123140320' (Document ID KM00816633, Patch ID SIS_00303) the one that fixes this?

It makes reference to containing this fix which sounds right:

"Change Request: QCCR1I93634

Unable to delete alerts from SiteScope (this includes new alerts and old alerts created using templates from earlier versions of SiteScope)."

Regards

11.23 SiteScope User 

0 Likes
Established Member.. kenneth.gonzale
Established Member..

Hi SiteScopeUser,

Yes, cumulative fixes for 11.23 SP addresses this issue.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.