Highlighted
Absent Member.. duxy007 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sitescope dynamic disk alert based on 2 metrics calculated

I am trying to created a calculated metric to return an error condition if a dynamic disk is greater than 98% full and less than 2GB free.  I am doing this to reduce alerts that are not actionable.  The formula I am using is here:  ((#valueOf(<</.*/percent full/>>) >=98) & (#valueOf(<</.*/MB free/>>) <2048)) |0

I thought this would return a 0 or 1 and then I could alert from it but it does not seem to work and I am having trouble understanding why.  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sitescope dynamic disk alert based on 2 metrics calculated

did you try "&&" instead of "&" for boolean condition between the 2 parts?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I did but I still do not get an error.  I am setting the threshold for error == 1

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I am using SiS 11.31 and this expression works for me:

(<<Disk/File System/[C]/percent full>> > 50) && (<<Disk/File System/[C]/MB free>> < 10000)

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I have attached screen shot of when I try your solution.  Your values work because you specify the disk.  I need to find a way to get the any disk dynamically.  The calculated metric will not take more than one regular expression.  That Is why I was using the #valueof in the expression.  Thanks for helping.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I dont think it is possible since each dynamic disk will appear in all combinations of the calculated metric. so for example if you have 2 disks, this calculated metric will have 4 "instances".

you can sumit Enhancement Request for calclated metrics.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.