Established Member.. TerrySummers
Established Member..

Sitescope e-mail alert fixed width characters

Hi all,
I know I've managed to do this before, but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it.
Take an e-mail alert like this,

ID                    ERROR DESCRIPTION  

-------------------- --------------------
As you can see the columns are not exactly matching up, HOWEVER I remember finding a way to tell Sitescope to use a fixed length font like Times New Roman or Courier to make it look like this.

ID                    ERROR DESCRIPTION  

-------------------- --------------------

Any thoughts/suggestions very much appriciated.

Thanks,
Terry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sitescope e-mail alert fixed width characters

Hi Terry,

I found a case explaining this:
The issue that the management report text is not properly aligned in mail is not actually SiteScope code issue but depends on the "Font" used by the mail messenger. The fonts styles which are monospaced can solve our issue of alignment.
if we set the default font to read messages in our mail messenger to be any of the font styles mentioned above (or any other monospaced font style), it would read the mail exactly as sent from SiteScope end.
To change the default font style in Outlook do the following:
1. Open Outlook Mail box
2. Go to 'File' -> 'Options' -> 'Mail'
3. In Compose Messages section go to -> 'Stationary and Fonts' -> 'Personal Stationary'
4. In Composing and Reading plain text messages section select 'Font' button
5. Change the font style to any monospace font style
6. Save the changes

It works for me:

screenshot2.jpg

That's my normal setting, and an email alert looks like this:
screenshot1.jpg

After changing the font
screenshot3.jpg
it looks like this:

screenshot4.jpg

For the SiteScope side I found ER 
 QCCR1I105138 Font options in e-mail alerts from SiteScope
to be able to configure this from the SiteScope side, but this ha snot been implemented yet.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.