Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. AG7 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

TopolobySync Error when running script opc-starttopologysync.bat

Hi,

I am trying configure message forwarding from OMW 9 to BSM 9. I followed the steps as per user guide and configure msg foward policy on OMW and imported trusted certificates to omw and bsm server.

Tested the connection in BSM and its successful under Server Properties but failed under Outgoing Connection. I just want messages from OMW 9 to BSM so outgoing connection is not important at this time.

Now when I run the script opr-topologysync i get follwoing error.

C:\HPBSM\bin>opr-startTopologySync.bat
FATAL: Error occurred while accessing the web service: Connection refused: conne
ct
FATAL: Error occurred during Synchronization: Connection refused: connect

Synchronization failed.
Check the log files in C:\HPBSM\log\opr-topologysync for details.

From opc-topologysync log file I see this:

2013-06-13 16:06:36,559 [main] ERROR wsgateway.createIterator(418) - Failed to create iterator to enumerate topology. IOException: Connection refused: connect  
2013-06-13 16:06:36,560 [main] FATAL control.readWebService(164) - Error occurred while accessing the web service: Connection refused: connect  
2013-06-13 16:06:36,561 [main] FATAL control.main(106) - Error occurred during Synchronization: Connection refused: connect  
2013-06-13 16:06:36,563 [main] ERROR control.main(124) - Synchronization failed. 

Any help is appericiated.

AG..

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.. OrbitZer0 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: TopolobySync Error when running script opc-starttopologysync.bat

connection refused always makes me think firewall.  Have you tried turning off Windows Firewall on both sides?  Do you have a fireall in the middle?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>>Now when I run the script opr-topologysync...

Is there any specific reason to ignore the recommended dynamic topology sync and instead use the old one that is supported just for backward compatibility purposes?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Firewall is not enabled.

Dimitry:

I guess i was reading 8.1 concept guide. Thanks for pointing me to right document.

I used following steps from 9.x document to setup Dynamic topo sync.

1. In the console tree, right-click Operations Manager, and then click Configure > Server.... The Server Configuration dialog box opens.

2. Click Namespaces, and then click Discovery Server. A list of values appears.

3. Add the hostname of the server to List of target servers to forward discovery data. If there is more than one target server, separate the hostnames with semicolons, for example:

server1.example.com;server2.example.com

If the target server uses a port other than port 383, append the port number to the hostname, for example:

server1.example.com:65530;server2.example.com:65531

4. Make sure that the value of Enable discovery WMI listener is true. This is the default value.

5. Click OK to save your changes and close the Server Configuration dialog box.

6. Restart the OvAutoDiscovery Server process for your changes to take effect.

7. Start the initial synchronization of topology data:

1. In the console tree, select Tools > HP Operations Manager Tools .

2. Right-click Synchronize Topology and select All Tasks > Launch Tool....

The tool startInitialSync.bat is started and begins to send all the topology data to the configured target management servers.

I see following in my console:

Executing (OV_StartPoint)->ExportInstances()
Method execution successful.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/hp/ov/bbc/HttpInputResponse
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.hp.ov.bbc.HttpInputResponse
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 6 more
Exception in thread "main" Executing (OV_StartPoint)->ExportInstances()
Method execution successful.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/hp/ov/bbc/HttpInputResponse
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.hp.ov.bbc.HttpInputResponse
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 6 more
Exception in thread "main"

I still don't see alerts in OMi?

Thanks,

AG.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You again found some old way to sync topology that is not supposed to be used any longer. Please search the OMW Online Help for "startInitialSync.bat". If memory serves me a detailed description of the new procedure can be found in the OMW Online Help at:

HP Operations Manager for Windows > HPOM Server Application Integration Guide > Topology Synchronization > Forward topology data

This is the latest dynamic toposync procedure introduced with OMW server patch 09.00.040 released on Oct, 20 2011. I'm sure by now (Jun 2013) you have even more recent OMW 9.0 server patch, and this functionality should be available to you.

>>>I still don't see alerts in OMi?

Why do you expect to see alerts in OMi while performing this procedure? This is topology synchronization and you should expect to see new CIs created in RTSM, not events received in OMi Event Browser. For event forwarding you configure message forwarding policy on OMW server - totally different procedure from toposync.

Absent Member..

Dimitry,

My purpose to open this discussion is to forward alerts from omw9 to BSM9 and toplogoy sync is one of the steps required.

I have already done flex mgmt policy configuration on omw9 server and push the policy on omw9 as per orginal step above. Only issue i have is topology sync which i used new method mention in online help as state above.

The script you mention above is what runs and produce the output see above.

1. Start the initial synchronization of topology data:

1. In the console tree, select Tools HP Operations Manager Tools.

2. Right-click Synchronize Topology and select All Tasks Launch Tool....

The tool startInitialSync.bat is started and begins to send all the topology data to the configured target management servers.

What I understand is, If topology sych is not successful then I will not get any alert forwarded from omw9 to bsm9?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>>What I understand is, If topology sych is not successful then I will not get any alert forwarded from omw9 to bsm9?

No, your understanding is incorrect. Topology sync and event forwarding are 2 totally independent processes. Even if your topology sync doesn't work, it has no effect whatsoever on the process of event forwarding that is contolled by message forwarding policy on OMW server.

The only reason why you are asked to setup topology sync first is because without correct CIs in RTSM the events coming to OMi from OM won't be resolved to correct CIs, hence the events (even seen in the OMi Event Browser) would be mostly useless in BSM. 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Ok got it..

So can you help fixing the topology sync issue?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No, troubleshooting over the forum is not what I usually do. Please work with our Support guys.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.