Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Respected Contributor.. MikeAlpha Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Traffic decryption issue in RUM

Hi,

Hope you doing well.

RUM is not decrypting probe traffic. My application is using TLS 1.2, AES with 256 bit encryption (High); ECDH (Elliptic-curve Diffie–Hellman) with 256 bit exchange cipher which is not supported by RUM.

please suggest a solution. how i can decrypt probe traffic?

Regards

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Traffic decryption issue in RUM

RUM 9.51 introduced support for decryption of Diffie Hellman suite of ciphers on TLS 1.2 for Apache web server on RHEL. If this is what you have in your environment, consider upgrading your RUM to 9.51. Otherwise, you are out of luck.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi Dmitry,

Hope you doing well. Thank you for the response.

Actully i am using RUM 9.5 on windows. Is there any chance of changing / disabling cipher of my application  which is SM Service Manager.

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mike,

You could talk to your SM Support team about configuring SM to drop support of Diffie Hellman ciphers.  If required, they could get help on the Service Manager Forum.  Alternatively, I expect there is an SM Hardening document that would show steps on how to change supported ciphers available online somewhere.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for your response. I will let you know after reading the guide.

Best Regards

Mike

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

kindly someone suggest me how to disable cipher of an application.

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.