Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Charles L. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..
669 views

VuGen (& BPM) failed to find object when running on Load Mode but not on Browser Mode

I have a Truclient Web script recorded in VuGen 12.53 build 1203 and replayed in BPM agent 9.30.71 build 341. However, it would fail intermittently in the beginning of the step, as it could not detect the object, as shown in the error message below.

t=00061519ms: Error -205177: ** 3: Verify  Run Goal Analysis's "Visible Text" Contain Run Goal Analysis ** failed - target object was not found.       Snapshot Info [MSH 1 0]    [MsgId: MERR-205177]

However, the issue occurs only when replayed in the Load mode (both on BPM and VuGen.  I do not see the issue occurring when script being replayed in the Browser (Firefox) mode. And, interestingly, it only failed in 1 specific BPM agent. The rest of the BPM agents are working fine.

I set for screenshot to be taken when error occurring, and it showed blank page with "TruClient Firefox" on top left, which clearly explaining why the object was not found.

 t0.png

To avoid opening the mobile website, I set up the screensize through the following setup:

Runtime Settings > Load > Other > Non-Interactive Windows Size

Capture.PNGI have tried to enable/disable the "Apply size on inner window (session 0 troubleshooting), as well as to change the screen resolution, yet issue persisting.

Does anyone have similar issue before?

Cheers,

Charles L.

0 Likes
2 Replies
techshivam Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: VuGen (& BPM) failed to find object when running on Load Mode but not on Browser Mode

Well, I had the same sort of issue recently, when the step in my script was working in the browser mode but not in the load mode. I have tried everything to make it work in Load mode, but I failed. I tried to put wait for object, i tried to scroll in view on object, I also try to do the step with Evaluate javascript, but the object detection was continuously failing in load mode. 

Then I actually tried the same sort of thing, using Non-Interactive window size in load mode, & it worked. I still have no idea however why it is not working with the default settings. Do you know the by default size of browser window in load mode ?

-Sam(TS)

 

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Charles L. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: VuGen (& BPM) failed to find object when running on Load Mode but not on Browser Mode

Unfortunately, I do not know the default size of the browser window. I guess, it depends on the remote server where the script is running? Maybe someone from Microfocus can confirm on that.

As for my case, I included the additional step to setup the Non-Interactive Windows Size as well as set the BPM agent running as a specific user instead of system user and the issue was resolved.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.