Trusted Contributor.. lemak Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

create a HI based on 2 metrics from SiteScope

Hello All

I would like to create a Health indicator in BSM based on 2 metrics from SiteScope

one of the metrics will provide the real time values, the second metrics will provide the status of the metric

so I would like to combine those 2 measurments to create one health indicator in BSM that shows values from the first metric and status from the second metric

is this possible, if yes how can I do that ?

Best regards,

Makrem

Labels (2)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Trusted Contributor..

Re: create a HI based on 2 metrics from SiteScope

Anyone Can help me on this please

Br,

MAkrem

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

yes, it is possible, but you will need to develop Groovy rule to achieve this functionality.

the default behavior of SiS rules is if HI is calculated from more than 1 metric then it will just show worst status and no value.

you can read more about Groovy rules in Extensibility Guide (they are called Rules API there) and Service Health Administration best practice on how to customize HI rules.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks Asaf 

in the extensibility guide the  examples shows only how to setup KPI status and not HI status

how can I set the HI status, in the API doc I can only see Kpi.setStatus

there is no HI.setStatus

any idea about that ?

Br,

Makrem

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Groovy rules can run on KPI or HI. if you are using "sample based" rule (time or sample type rule) it will run on the HI.

the API remains the same in both case, so kpi.setValue() or kpi.setStatus will also work if your rule is running at the HI.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

hello 

which exact rule I should use, as far as I know the sample API rule uses the threshold to set the KPI value

so can I use the Group Sibling Rule to do that ?

Br,

Makrem

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

well, if you want to calculate the HI based on the SiS metrics you HAVE TO use sample rule (time or sample based).

samples rule dont HAVE TO use threshold. if you will provide threshold, then the status will be calculated from the HI's value against the thresholds, but you can also leave the thresholds empty and calculate the HI's status by yourself and then use kpi.setStatus(some_status) in order to set the status yourself.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks Asaf

so I need to put max samples parameter to 2 in order read from 2 samples right ?

and in the selector field I should put the OR parameters with the right field for each sample in order to read both samples 

Br,

MAkrem

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

so I need to put max samples parameter to 2 in order read from 2 samples right ?

Asaf: correct

and in the selector field I should put the OR parameters with the right field for each sample in order to read both samples 

Asaf: yes, you need OR to define which sample should be taken into account.

please note that for SiS you should use the Indicators mapping from the monitor itself (in the HP Integration Settings) which then automatically assign the right selector to the HI and also send the samples correctly so that they will match it.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks a lot 

If I put the indicator mapping in SiS, BSM will use the default rule which Sitescope worst status rule I think

can I for example just create the indicator in CI indicator tab and select the API sample rule then develop my script their?

Br,

MAkrem 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

first use the Indicators mapping to create the HI, then goto CI Indicators and just replace the rule to your custom rule.

then you can think about HI Assignments and how to automatically assign your custom rule.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Asaf

which sample in SiS can provide the status  of the monitor (error, warning Normal)

Br,

Makrem

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.