Honored Contributor.. MikeAlpha Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

load balancer ports

Hi,

I have 2 questions, kindly help.

1) first, is there any ports for APM/BSM load balancer?

2) secondly, any software i can use for load balancing? if i am not using network load balancer or a physical load balancer.

Best Regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. SahilGupta Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: load balancer ports

Hello @MikeAlpha ,

1) BSM/APM primarily works on 80\443 for user access and 383 for events. In the Load balancer configuration, you can choose the inbound ports (which you will share with the world to access the BSM/APM) say 'x' port for user access and 'y' port for events and, map them to outbound ports ( towards BSM/APM) 80\443 for user access and 383 for events. Though I will recommend you to use same inbound ports for Load balancer as that of outbound ports unless you have a specific concern.

2) OMi Supports both Hardware and virtual appliance-based load balancers. 

"OBM supports hardware and virtual appliance-based load balancers. A hardware load balancer solution is preferred for performance reasons. All load balancers must be able to configure sticky session for users and being able to configure URL based health monitors". Click here.

This may be helpful, Software Load Balancing overtakes F5 and Citrix Hardware

Regards,
Sahil Gupta
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: load balancer ports

1) Nothing specific. Check deployment guide for more details.

2) Yes, SW LB is also supported. Micro Focus doesn't provide LB.

Asaf

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.