Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Announcing General Availability of Micro Focus ArcSight Logger 6.7, ArcMC 2.9 & Smart Connec

did you install

• dejavu-fonts-common
  • dejavu-sans-fonts
  • fontpackages-filesystem
  • freetype
  • libpng

cheers

A

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Announcing General Availability of Micro Focus ArcSight Logger 6.7, ArcMC 2.9 & Smart Connec

For me, this didn't work and I needed to use "yum install -y fontconfig" on CentOS 7.5

Respected Contributor.. jcruz Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

Regarding the error below when trying to install ArcMC 2.90:

"Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. Unable to load and to prepare the installer in console or silent mode."

Microfocus released the ArcMC 2.91 Release Notes a few minutes ago, where we can see this issue being fixed:

ARCMC-15091 The installation of the latest ArcMC build in a VM without the unzip and fontconfig commands was not working. This is no longer happening.

JC

Respected Contributor.. jcruz Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

Just tried to install ArcMC 2.9.1 and bug ARCMC-15091 is still present

ARCMC-15091 The installation of the latest ArcMC build in a VM without the unzip and fontconfig commands was not working. This is no longer happening.

/facepalm

stvhull_forces Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

so, does anyone have access to those new software ???

Customer Support = Worthless

has anyone tested the new Global Event ID on ArcMc,Logger, Event Broker and SC ?

Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Sorry to hear about your bad experience in resolving your issues.

I checked with our support team confirming that the Licensing and Entitlement team had provided the FTP details to you. There might have been a timing overlap, so I requested support to double check with you if all your issues have been resolved beg of April. You should have been contacted directly already.

We apologize for any service not being satisfactory.

Sincerely, your Micro Focus security online community manager

Knowledge Partner

If your  arcMC update (from 2.81) to 2.9 fails, ask support for hotfix "CPEA-1088"

Definition of fail:

- update works without issue i.e. no error messages
- all services are "up and running"
- if you acces the web-gui of arcmc you just get a blank page

UPDATE: "ManagedHostServiceImpl.class" will be exchanged by the hotfix, not really shure why

Cheers

A

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I ran into these symptoms doing an upgrade from 2.8.1 to 2.9. It was an issue with the breach rules file. I took one from a fresh vanilla install and the upgrade worked.

Definition of fail:

- update works without issue i.e. no error messages
- all services are "up and running"
- if you acces the web-gui of arcmc you just get a blank page

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Or wait for the 2.9.1 release.

Unfortunate the issue is happening randomly and from 9 ArcMC's appliances upgraded only with one of it i had this issue.

Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Also had to go thru our account team to get this release.  I needed it to resolve the problems caused by ArcMC 2.81. 

The upgrade of connector framework to 7.11 on ArcMC is failing.  I have a ticket open now - I am being told that on our older (migrated) conApp appliances (6500) we have to do an emergency restore on containers in order to upgrade to connector framework 7.11.    

So - when trying to do an emergency restore on a container on an ArcMC appliance - once again seeing the "Error(null)" issue as reported in this older thread https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-User-Discussions/Problem-with-restore-from-aup-connector-on-connector-appliance/m-p/1550319/thread-id/15687 - this was originally solved by @vitz1 (kudos Andreas once again) - but this time the fix does not appear to work.  I am still getting the Error (null) message on the GUI and getting the same error in the logs as described in above thread.  I added this info to the support ticket.  

Meanwhile, has anybody else tried installing 7.11 on ArcMC appliance yet? 

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi,

finally got the same issue as me.

Yes, I tried and the problem is that they forgot about the container to be moved on 64 bit.
The short story is.

With 7.11 MF completely move on 64 bit.  On the appliance the SM is installed on the container and if you upgraded for years ( for example from 7.0 version ) then unfortunate the container is on 32 bit and not supporting 64 bit.

For not the  workaround is the one that they told you

I have installed on few of ArcMC's following the workaround, "emergency restore on containers in order to upgrade to connector framework 7.11".

Also, I already opened a ticket for this ( SD02417333 ) "feature" to be treated into a professional way but is still in Pending Internal.

For sure with the upgrade of ArcMC Appliances to 2.81 or 2.90 and trying to put the newest framework a lot of companies will start to have this issue more often.  Maybe they will announce something or fix the issue.

Note:

This document also shows how to backup are restore your SM ( CA Container Upgrade Procedure.docx ) from this link https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-User-Discussions/how-to-upgrade-container-within-Connector-Appliance-emergency/m-p/1589062?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=category:arcsight&q=CA%20Container%20Upgrade%20Procedure&search_type=thread

How have some time should update the document a little bit.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Thank you @Ionut Daniel Mosoiu for the sanity check.  

Unfortunately I can't even do the emergency restore.  What model of ArcMC appliance are you running?  Not sure it that makes a difference, but just trying to understand why I keep getting this "null" error when attempting to do the emergency restore.

edit:  just to be clear, upgrades (framework and parser) and even a couple of emergency restores (just as a sanity check) all work fine up to and including 7.10.0.8128.  Nothing (so far) works with 7.11 (upgrades, emerg restores).  

<sigh>.......

Knowledge Partner

Not in front of my PC right now, but I remember that the aup has normally both 32 and 64 bit versions of java in it. Can you unzip the aup file and check? Compare to 7.10

BTW 7.12 is out.
Cheers
A.
Knowledge Partner

tada, 32bit linux support removed from 7.11 aup file. also not there in 7.12 --- thats the issue.

Cheers

no32bit linux.png

Knowledge Partner

tada, 32bit linux support removed from 7.11 aup file. also not there in 7.12 --- thats the issue.

Cheers

no32bit linux.png

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.