Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
sli Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ArcSight SmartConnector Build 6.0.3.6664 is now available for download

7 Replies
mvadm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: ArcSight SmartConnector Build 6.0.3.6664 is now available for download

Why is it almost impossible to find the downloads for connectors and logger software ? The link to http://support.openview.hp.com/ is simply not enough.

We have bought an ArcSight Logger, we have a valid HP Passport acount, but where to find the software ?

Thanks,

Miloš

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

For me, this works:

Downloads / Software Updates / My Updates / (sign in userid/password)

Then your SAID should appear, which is your assigned code linking to your eligible downloads, which should include downloads for Connector Software and Logger Software.

0 Likes
mvadm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Aaron,

Your colleague Miloš Cvrtecka also gave a similar answer but where to find the SAID ?

I have here the License Entitlement Certificate for HP Arc Sight Flex Connect Kit and for Arc Sight L3400 Server, HP Activation Certificate, but where to find the SAID ?

Thanks,

Miloš

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you did not receive your SAID already, you should probably contact your HP Sales person.

0 Likes
vdor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I sent this to a coworker once to explain where the Logger update was. I increased the verbiosity so it was sort of tongue and cheek, but you get the idea of how much HP has screwed up everything by making every ordeal an overly convuluted process:

"Oh they make it convoluted.. I just logged in with my account and was able to see Logger 5.31. Here were my steps:

1) support.openview.hp.com/

2) Login

3)Click Downloads

4) Click software updates

5) Click My Updates

6) Choose ArcSight Logger Appliance, at which point it only leaves SAID XXXXXXXX as an option to choose

7) Accept the Ts&Cs

8) Click View Available Products

9) Expand ArcSight Logger, now you should see 5.1-5.31

10) Check Box next to the one you want and click "Get Software Updates"

11) Click Get Software or Get Documentation

12) Choose the Logger 5.31 again

13) Choose logger-6838.enc

14) Click Download

there you have it, HP's extremely simple 14 step process to download a single file. Repeat beginning at step 11 to get each individual piece of documentation."

Talk about a workflow!

Miloš Večaj wrote:

Why is it almost impossible to find the downloads for connectors and logger software ? The link to http://support.openview.hp.com/ is simply not enough.

We have bought an ArcSight Logger, we have a valid HP Passport acount, but where to find the software ?

Thanks,

Miloš

0 Likes
mvadm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

We've got the SAID and access to patches works fine now.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
mvadm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Evan. That helped.

I have a question regarding general understanding of patching of ArcSight Logger components.

Before upgrade, the following list of compoments was displayed in the Logger > System Admin > License&Update:

arcsight-appliance

1. 6.3-C6386

arcsight-appliance-connectors

1. 5.2.1.6186.0-0

arcsight-aps

1. 1.2-20120821_1515

arcsight-connector

1. 5.2.4.6344.0-2

arcsight-logger

1. 5.3-L6684

arcsight-logger-product

1. 5.3-L6684

After the installation of suggested file logger-6838.enc, the status is

Product Version   L6838

Component status or detailed listing of components seems to be disappeared.

Thanks,

Miloš

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.