Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Bechara Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

New Protect 724

Jump to solution

Hello,

can you please guys revert to the old Protect interface!!!

it was so easy before to find answers and solutions, 

now we have to struggle to find a simple document 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: new Protect 724

Jump to solution

For Me it's like eating my own food in a Neighbour Kitchen..!!

very uncomfortable & couldnt find the things in right place.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
18 Replies
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Exactly. this is really horrible and could not find past thread either. Really annoy on this and feel to leave protect724 

Mr
arkender724 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Agreed, HP screwed up and changed something that didn't need changed.  GG HP.

Honored Contributor.. Karlo_Luiten Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Agreed, this is horrible.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

The new Protect 724 is horrible. I do not see any improvements whatsoever at this point, it only causes frustration on our end.

Respected Contributor.. Tobias Sundman Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Totally agree, it is really disappointing to see this new crappy portal. The UI is broken and the fonts and formatting of text looks like crap and is often hard to read (using Chrome). I haven't seen any enhancement whatsoever...

//Tobias
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. arturp1 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Agree. Hard to find anything using search.

shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
I find that pre-pending "ArcSight" to searches provides answers roughly at the same quality as I was used to.
0 Likes
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

For Me it's like eating my own food in a Neighbour Kitchen..!!

very uncomfortable & couldnt find the things in right place.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

- answers, comments, where should i post?

- searching something brings me somtimes a directly to a "comment" to a question, and when i want to read the whole thread I need to manually remove things from the URI, cause I did not find a way to go to the "top" of the thread by clicking on anything.

- having SingleSignOn with softwaresupport.hpe.com, which is forcing me to log out in one of the "systems" everytime I want to do something in the other systems, as I don't use the same mail address for softwaresuppor as for protect

Screwing up somthing is one thing - screwing it up like HP did with this community is "marvellous"

I hope things will go right when MF spin/merge gets completet. Oh will the community be moved then again? 

Cheers 

Andreas

Contributor.. lordneeko Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution
Agreed. This stinks. Not only that but many of the links, images, and website features don't work because they are being hosted by mixed security contexts, so my domain is blocking all of the non-certified content delivery networks. Most of the page doesn't work. HPe Support suggested I just not use the website while on my work domain...WHAT?! That's not a solution!
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. rul79 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: New Protect 724

Jump to solution

+1 (I could not agree you more!)

0 Likes
Rodion Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes, please revert back to normal interface with out this ugly "material design"....

0 Likes
JohnJ Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I appreciate your feedback and perspective.  We’re continuing to improve the community and I want to share a few updates about steps we’ve taken to improve the experience in Protect724. 

Search issues.  Search is critical, however, we found ArcSight product documentation was clobbering search results.   We made two changes to impact search.  First, we changed the defualt for search scope from "community wide' to the specfic category.  Second, and most importantly,  we separated ArcSight Product Documents from the search scope to remove them from search results.    Now, when you search from the ArcSight community page, you should see discussions much more clearly in the results.     Is search improved?

Snap 2017-09-20 at 16.14.02.png

Product Document Shortcuts:  Because product documentation is so important to the users of the platform, we also added quick navigation links to the product documents.Snap 2017-09-20 at 16.13.30.png

Helpful links. Based on feedback from users, we added helpful shortcuts in the community announcements to key resources (support, etc)

Snap 2017-09-20 at 16.14.47.png

Customer Support Forum - In July, we introduced the ArcSight Customer Support forum, where support engineers routinely engage and answer questions.

Current work in progress

Flattening / subspace clean up.  

• We’re streamlining and simplifying the numerous ‘sub-spaces’ with in the community (there were over 130 in the jive platform). Today, it’s hard to know where to post and what forums to follow.  This will make it easier to find the most popular discussion forums, while also making it easier find, subscribe and follow specific threads  
  • We’re also gradually moving toward consistent interaction format (discussions over questions).   Over time, we will move content into the Discussion format and will deprecate the Questions style.   Overall, this change will make it easier to start and follow discussions, again simplifying the community to make it easier to navigate, connect with each other and share insight. 

John
0 Likes
CHe Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi JohnJ,

looks much better already. I tried 3 simple searches (syslog connector tuning, windows connector tuning and manage.jsp). All three came up with some proper results from the Protect community (Q&A Threads, Posts, Blogposts).

One more thing I am lacking is that the Protect 724 Turbo Talk Sessions (the PDFs/Slides from the Protect724 Conventions) to a certain topic are not shown in the search results. That would be another great enhancement, as those documents show deep dive knowledge to specific topics.

Regards

Christoph

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.