Product Announcement: HP ArcSight Logger 5.5 Generally Available (GA)
HP ArcSight Logger 5.5 is now Generally Available (GA) and can be downloaded and installed by customers running Logger 5.3 SP1 from the HP support web site.
What’s new in HP ArcSight Logger 5.5:
- Search Performance
- Algorithmic changes to get a faster search experience
- Super-fast search for needle-in-the-haystack scenarios
- Peer Search Improvements
- Supports up to 20 Loggers in a peer configuration
- Updated OS and Browser Support
- RHEL 6.5, Firefox 24 ESR, IE 9 and 10
- Security Updates
- Fixes for defects from previous versions of the product
- A smaller trial Logger to enable faster download, installation, and time-to-value (the trial Logger will be refreshed mid-April on the trial website)
- Product structure simplification, and a significant SKU reduction to simplify product ordering
Actions for HP ArcSight Logger users:
All existing HP ArcSight Logger 5.3 SP1 users, except as noted below, are encouraged to upgrade to this version of Logger by obtaining the upgrade files from the HP support web site.
Upgrade to Logger 5.5 is not supported for non-SAN Logger appliances that were originally running versions earlier than Logger 5.1 (i.e., purchased prior to approximately July 11, 2011). Upgrade for these appliances will be supported in an upcoming Logger patch. To determine if your non-SAN appliance can upgrade to Logger 5.5, run the Upgrade Check tool prior to upgrading. This tool can be found at the HP support web site (URL listed below) along with the Logger 5.5 appliance bits.
For further information on the above features, please refer to the HP ArcSight Logger 5.5 Release Notes and product documentation. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at: http://support.openview.hp.com
Want to discuss this new release with other ArcSight customer? Visit the HP ESP community, Protect 724, at https://protect724.hp.com
HP ArcSight Logger Product Team