Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

ArcSight SmartConnector Platform Support

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

Hi,

We noticed that ESM and DB are supporting Redhat 6.1 since ESM 5.2 and Connectors are behind on Redhat 5.7.

On our test installs on rhel_6.3_x64 the latest Connector installs and runs fine but its still saying "unsupported platform" at install.

The other thing to mention is that 32bits c-libraries are needed to install a connector on a 64 bit system, this is not mentioned anywhere in documentation.

You need to enable multilibs in /etc/yum.conf:

protected_multilib=0

and install the 32bits c-library

yum install glibc-2.12-1.80.el6.i686

So isn't the Connector 64bits? or is it install-anywhere that requires 32bits libraries?

Is ArcSight going to support Redhat 6.x for Connectors? Because now it 'officially' suggests I cannot install Connectors on a Redhat 6 based ESM/DB server and I really dont want to go back to Redhat 5 for the sake of Connectors.

thanks,

Steven

The upcoming SmartConnector release adds RHEL 6.1 support.

RHEL 6.1 support begins with the upcoming SmartConnector release.

Ingrid

Any idea when Windows 2012 support will be added?

Support for event collection from Windows Server 2012 platforms is expected to be available with the next SmartConnector release, the end of March.

Thanks for the fast response.

Please let me know if there is an updated ETA or updated copy of this document that addresses Windows 2012.

The 4/3/13 release of this document is much appreciated, however, it does not appear to include documenting support for Windows 2012. Is there an updated ETA on when support will be added?

Thanks!

Is there any connector for open BSD.

No, there is no OpenBSD connector.

Ingrid

The latest connector(6.0.7) says unsupported platform for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.3 (Santiago) verison. Why is it not listed in the document?

RHEL versions 5.7, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.4 are currently supported and are listed in the document. Version 6.3 is not officially supported, so it is not listed in the document.

Ingrid

The Platform support verifiaction is successful while installing 6.0.6 even though the RHEL version 6.3 is not listed in 6.0.6 release note...

Do Smart Connectors support Centos deployments? I ask because the Logger VM documentation states that the Logger OVA template platform is Centos. Why is it supported for one and not the other?

Need HPUX support. Wanna collect custom log from HPUX machine.

Please ask Customer Support to enter a connector Feature Request to add this support.

Ingrid

Hi r u get any solutions.

I also stuck for HPux 11.31 servers Audit file configuruation with Logger l3505 appliance.

pls let m eknow if you found any solution.

Hello,

I'm only getting system logs such as mail.log and syslog.log via syslog protocol /514udp/. Still in stuck.

I configured UX Audit logs using NFS mountpoint on windows & UX box and then NFS client installed on windows to view UX files by Smart connector.

am in final stage that logs are not receiving on logger.

Hi,

When will CentOS 7.0 be supported for SmartConnectors?

Kind regards,

Jurgen

CentOS 7.0 is on the connector roadmap and should be available in one of the next few connector releases.

Thank you for your reply Ingrid, much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jurgen

Great stuff! Redhat and CentOS 7.0 and 7.1 are supported now!

Will this document be updated anytime soon?

Its been more than 1 year without OS Version Update!!

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
9 of 9
Last update:
‎2018-08-28 20:06
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.