SmartConnector for Apache HTTP Server Syslog

SmartConnector for Apache HTTP Server Syslog

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

Page 3 of this document seems to have either been corrupted or is missing some critical data.

Here's what it looks like (note the missing text under 'Product Overview" and odd formatting for the rest of the text below, with little to no instruction as to what to do. It just says "syslog:facility".... what do I do with that?

apache_doc.png

This seems to be a glitch in the browser.  If you click View or Download under the PDF name above, you will see the document as it should be.  However, I will upload the file again to see if the problem is corrected in the browser. Thanks for pointing this out.

It looks like re-uploading the doc solved the problem.

There's also a typo in the instruction as well: /usr/bin/te3e SHOULD read /usr/bin/tee

Therefore, in order to direct error messages to a local file as well as the logger command, the tee command must be used as follows:

ErrorLog "|/usr/bin/te3e /var/apache/log/error_log| /usr/bin/logger -t 'apache_error_log'"

Just FYI.

Thank you,

Mike

Additionally, some clarity on this line as well would be greatly appreciated:

ErrorLog "|/user/bin/xargs -s2048 -11 /usr/apache/bin/error_tee_0.ksh"

The “-11” which is then referenced as a “1” is a bit of a mystery, as it is not in Solaris’s man page for xargs.

Anyone know for sure what this line SHOULD read?

Thank you,

Mike

Thank you for pointing this out.  I have updated the guide.

Ingrid

I'm checking with connector engineers to get an answer on this one.

Ingrid

I have made further updates to the guide.  The -11 is actually -l1 (hyphen, lower case letter l, number 1) but in that type font the letter l and the number 1 look the same. According to the Solaris man page, this could also be given as "-L1", so I have updated it that way to make the text clearer.  Also fixed the path that had "/user/bin/xargs" to "/usr/bin/xargs".

Ingrid

Thank you Ingrid!  Credit Kevin Burtch for the findings.  -Mike

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
‎2019-05-20 19:39
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.