SmartConnector for Microsoft IIS Multiple Server File

SmartConnector for Microsoft IIS Multiple Server File

Attachments

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

As per , can you please make sure the documentation is clear that the log folder should NOT include W3SVC1, but be the parent folder.

Documentation and screenshot is misleading.

To support team

how we map X-Forwarded-For . what thas mean the maping:

Address source==> oneOf ( c-ip, X-Forwarded-For)  that is mean the field IIS msu called OneOf?

It is not obvious!

thanks to your helpd

Hi,

I need to add a new Wildcard to the connector(version 7.15) as it only has 3 types : u_ex*.log, ex*.log and httperr*.log. What I need is to add a new type u_in*.log. I know it is done from agent.properties but I don't know exactly how to add a new one.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks

Hey @asc84  did you follow steps in the guide already? 

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-Connectors/SmartConnector-for-Microsoft-Exchange-Message-Tracking-Log/ta-p/1588543

if you have any further issue, just call out for help.

<update> sorry... p 13 of the MicrosoftIISMultiServerConfig.pdf Shows basically the concept. You need to call runagentsetup to make the config change or connect via arcMC to the connector (if remote-Management is configured/ you run on an appliance) and then modify the parameters of the connector; no need to touch the agent.properties manually.

</update>

Cheers

Andreas

HI,

Thank you for your help.
But in the drop-down menu when configuring the connector there is no u_in*.log type.

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
9 of 9
Last update:
‎2020-05-21 01:47
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.