A separate connector for juniper and checkpoint events.

Idea ID 2805591

A separate connector for juniper and checkpoint events.

0 Votes

Hello All,

One of my customers experienced an issue in regarding the Juniper events that he was receiving from his RHEL source device. The dev team have provided the customer with a parser override, that overrides the Juniper/Junos events to device product and vendor UNIX. However, my customer was not happy with the resolution, as he thinks other customers will experience this issue and each one of them will have to receive a parser override for this to be fixed, which takes time.

My customer has an idea that splitting the Juniper and checkpoint events in two connectors, so these kind of issues could be avoided.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Blagoslav Sugarev

Technical Customer Support Engineer

1 Comment
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@Blagoslav Sugarev 

can you describe the issue the customer had a bit more - Juniper and Checkpoint are total different parsers. And i am not sure, why you would want to change the vendor to unix

KR

A

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.