ArcSight Logger recovery and Data Protector integration

Idea ID 2774888

ArcSight Logger recovery and Data Protector integration

0 Votes

As part of my multi-team training I am currently experiencing exactly what a customer has to go through when they factory restore a Logger appliance and then have to restore it after several upgrade cycles; it is great for training but time consuming for customers.

As the pricing model for Data Protector has become much more approachable would it not be possible to offer a Data Protector license as part of the ArcSight premium support package or some other model? Being able to utilize the power of Data Protector in disaster recovery would save many of our customers a great deal of support hours and cut down on support calls.

We could approach this as part of our TCO reduction efforts or as a value add on, and Data Protector could benefit from having a larger installed user base. I would love to see ArcSight Logger integrated with automated recovery based on Data Protector. ArcMC and ESM could also possibly benefit as well.

At the very least this could be a potential selling point.

1 Comment
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.