UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.

Increase Logger search limits

Idea ID 2826528

Increase Logger search limits

I see in search options I can now increase displayed results past 1 million, now up to 10 million. Is it possible to increase that limit further? 

Also can you expose some other parameters that limit the chart functions, scan limits, sorts etc to the Search Options UI, so that the system can be tweaked to allow running pipeline sort, or transaction operations, where we are can generate more than 10,000 records?

Thanks,

Ian.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

In what use cases do you need to get more than 10 million row? Will it be acceptable if the >10 million comes with the restriction of say less than 5 concurrent searches and a increase in compute power? (and may be a decrease in number of peers that this search can run against)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Kousalya, yes, limiting the number of concurrent searches where >10m results are in use would be a fair trade off.

However I am not sure I like the idea of limiting peers.  Limiting concurrent searches on peers would be fine.  I'd hope this search could run against all peers as normal.

Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.