Open parsers for new Smart Connectors

Idea ID 2705624

Open parsers for new Smart Connectors

Open parsers for new Smart Connectors to be able to adjust easier and speed up the integration with the supported products.

30 Comments
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Un-Obfuscated parsers is a very common request.

The request was added to the Road-Map earlier in the year and is currently scheduled for the 7.14 release. If the schedule changes, I will update this post.

Knowledge Partner

@MajorW 

"Un-Obfuscated parser" what does it mean, opensource all parser, or get un-obfuscated parser upon request by a cumstomer?

Looking forward to a detailed answer on this.

Cheers

A

Knowledge Partner

Yep what's going on...? We were told Ideas are the new feature request. As per today this idea has 42 "likes". This is a statement, I guess. Whilst the answer how you will provide unob parsers is still open, I get the feeling "Ideas" is just the next heystack to pile up FRs and let them stay there forever.

There is no feedback from dev team here, not from management, nothing.

Sorry for writing a little angry hear. But I am fed up of beeing told "it's on the road map for next version". I have FRs open since 2014... And I get told to be patient. MF get your stuff together and decide. 

KR

A

@vitz1 

"Ideas" are just the next heystack to pile up FRs and let them stay there forever.

Could not agree more 👆.

I have requests opened since forever, & the worse part is that support is closing all the tickets related to FR & BUG requests saying that we can track them here...

I think my old post is always going to stay relevant https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-User-Discussions/Hey-folks-Are-you-happy-with-the-service-from-ArcSight-support/m-p/1515978#M34853

Captain
Captain

@vitz1@Pushpendra_Rathi, so true.

Another example: reported two bugs for LB both of which have caused high-priority operational incidents already. That was early last year in LB 1.2.x. Still not fixed, one year and two versions later.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi, 

I'd like to introduce myself.  My name is Wayne Dalesio and I'm the new Product Manager for ArcSight Connectors.

I realize that un-obfuscated parser support has been on the roadmap and deliverable list for quite some time but has yet to be delivered.  We are actively pursuing making these parsers available to the community.  I expect these to be available by April 2020 at the latest.  

The issues we're addressing have to do with putting in place a process to ensure we know of parser updates made by the community so we can validate it and incorporate proven changes into our parser base definitions so these updates move forward in future releases and the community is not making the same changes over and over again.

I am working with Emrah Alpa (Connector Content Product Manager) to make this happen, and we discussed how to best implement this with Marius Iversen .

I will update this thread when we have more concrete news on when the parsers will be available.

Thanks,

Wayne

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

We will be providing un-obfuscated parsers and make these available to the community.  Our intent is to provide this capability by the end of March 2020.  

The primary issue we're addressing is setting up an environment to support and maintain parser access for the community, and to ensure that parser updates recommended by the community are properly vetted and then adopted and incorporated into our GA code base.

That's very good to hear, waiting for that 🙂

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.