SAN-field addition to SSL Server Certificate generation ArcMC/Logger WebGUI

Idea ID 2772045

SAN-field addition to SSL Server Certificate generation ArcMC/Logger WebGUI

When the ArcMC/Logger WebGUI is used to generate a SSL Server Certificate you are currently unable to add a Subject Alternative Name (SAN) to the Certificate Signing Request (CSR). When the CSR has been signed and imported to the ArcMC/Logger product, without a SAN-extension webbrowser Chrome doesn’t mark certificates as trusted. "Usage of common name only is not seen as secure enough." https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7391219?hl=en

I know there is workarounds to implement web server certificates manually but prefer to use the webGUI instead. Especially when using appliances it should be best practice to administer the product using the webGUI.

I’d like to request the addition of a SAN input field at the ArcMC/Logger – SSL Server Certificate generation webGUI. Please refer to my drawing as a clarification.

1 Comment
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We will consider this for the next release.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.