opensource the categorizers

Idea ID 2705839

opensource the categorizers

PLease do not only release the unbfuscated parsers in a github, but also release the categorizers for collaboration on a github repo.

Thanks

A

4 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hey Wayen @dalesio  would you mind to share some time-schedule for this? I assume accepted means "We are about to do it".

Thanks

Andreas

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Hi Andreas,

There is a current policy in place today that any customer who wishes to have access to the un-obfuscated parsers will get access to them. If you want access to the parsers, I suggest you speak with either the Support team or Martyn Hill.

Our intent is to build an easier process for customers to work with the parsers and to design an ecosystem supporting community contributions to these parsers. I would like this to include a built-in parser testing mechanism. This is going to take some time to implement and I do not have a timeframe for this since it is in early discussions architecturally. It will more than likely be phased in stages, with new functionality being added in each release.

Thanks,

Wayne

New Member.

@dalesio 

Will this be on the same schedule as the parsers?

From this question, since the parsers are being open sourced in April (this month), are the categorizers part of that release?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.