Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

I want to create ODBC flex connector configuration checker

I want to create ODBC flex connector configuration checker

Hello Community!

I am planning creation the ODBC flex connector configuration checker. Potential features:

1. database connection checking

2. sdktbdatabase.properties and sdkibdatabase.properties checking (mapping visual representation and properties validation in user-friendly interface)

3. agent.properties file checker

System requirements:

Windows XP,7,8 with x32 or x64 architecture, odbc driver for your database (x32 or x64 architecture resp.)

This is a free soft for Protect724 Community. This idea appeared when I browsed our forum.

I am not a professional programmer, programming is my hobby in free time.

So, I have some questions for you:

1. Is this programm useful for you?

2. Could you provide feedback during my work to improve soft and fix possible errors?

Regards,

Alexander

4 Comments
danje571
New Member.

Any tool can be useful for the community.

Can't help new ArcSight people in their work.

So enjoy.

Et don't hesitate if you need help.

rhope Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nice idea. You might consider adding some checks for common issues seen in question threads on Protect e.g. missing 'where id > ?', incorrect use of query.limit (requires 'and id < ?' and data type errors. I'd be happy to contribute some time/code too.

Honored Contributor.. yurlov.a Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Yes, it is. My software will be very useful in above situations. I already have some achievements: I can connect to database and receive data, there are main form, Microsoft ODBC Sources Administrator calling.

There is some progress, so I hope to present you first release!

Honored Contributor.. yurlov.a Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

There is my first release!

The last version is available in this group

Regards,

Alexander

About the Author
ArcSight, Information Security, integration. Python and VC++ automatization developer, FlexConnectors developer.
Most "Liked" Contributors
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.