ArcSight Investigate 2.20 Deployment Guide

ArcSight Investigate 2.20 Deployment Guide

Labels (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

P.21 Reference Link 1 no loger works.  I've found two alternate links that do work:

https://my.vertica.com/docs/Hardware/HP_Vertica%20DL380%20Hardware%20Guide.pdf

http://my.vertica.com/docs/Hardware/HPE_Vertica_DL360_Hardware_Guide.pdf  

P.27 Procedure 2 Link does not work due to space added. Here is the corrected link:

https://h20392.www2.hpe.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPLinuxCodeSigning

P.68 Related Topic Link is to ArcSight internal only website and not accessible by customers and in fact link does not work. I am unable to locate document "ArcSight Investigate and Event Broker prerequisites".

Future: Document should be updated once Event Broker 2.21 is supported.   

Here are my suggestions for the Trademark Notices in this doc:

HPE ProLiant® is a registered trademark of Hewlett Packard Enterprise in the United States and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries.

Vertica® is a trademarks of Micro Focus International plc.
Red Hat®, Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and RHEL®, CentOS® are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Page 19 - The dirty_ratio parameter should be vm.dirty_ratio as per the tuning guidelines link provided

Page 22 - Bullet #2, I could not find the vertica scripts referenced here.

Page 28 - Bullet #4, the tar file is supposed to be the investigate tar file and not the vertica installer.

P.25 Example: ./kafka_scheduler message should be  ./kafka_scheduler messages

P.30 Step 3, Transforming String Processor should be Transforming Stream Processor

P.41 Configure Vertica SSL:  Scripts mentioned in this section are no longer valid. /opt/arcsight/installer/k8s/master/certutils.
sh no longer exists

P.41 Step 1: ./cert-utils.sh no longer exists.

P.41 Step 3:  I believe commands should be updated as follows:

su - dbadmin

cd /opt/vertica/bin

./adminTools

P.51 Step 2 Create user $db_admin.  Linux usernames may not begin with a $ character.  Username should be corrected here and on following steps.

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 2
Last update:
‎2018-06-29 19:20
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.