Super Contributor.. Carl_E Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

64bit SmartConnectors and "Unable to load the Wrapper's native library" error message

I am currently running the 64bit SmartConnector version 7.2.2 for Microsoft Windows Event Log - Native on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 64 bit.

I have confirmed that I have .NET 4.5 and therefore appear to have all prerequisites to run this SC, but I'm seeing the following error message in the agent.out.wrapper.log.

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | ====> Initializing ArcSight SmartAgent.

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: Initializing...

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: WARNING - Unable to load the Wrapper's native library because none of the

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: following files:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: wrapper-windows-x86-64.dll

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: wrapper.dll

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: could be located on the following java.library.path:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: E:\Arcsight\SmartConnector64bit_01\current\bin\wrapper\win64\..\..\..\bin\wrapper\win32

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: E:\Arcsight\SmartConnector64bit_01\current\bin\wrapper\win64\..\..\..\lib\win32

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: Please see the documentation for the wrapper.java.library.path

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: configuration property.

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager: System signals will not be handled correctly.

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/04/11 15:17:09 | WrapperManager:

I have opened a ticket with Support regarding this and the first answer was that Support replied with, was that the 32bit versions are recommended where possible over the 64 bit version since 32bit has been around longer, therefore tested over more time and is assured to work as expected.

I installed the 64bit version a while back because I was already requiring a 2GB heap size and the heap size would likely grow larger over time as event volume increased.

The recommended workaround was to change the paths in the agent.wrapper.conf to the 64-bit Java library folder.

I am still waiting for clarification on what exactly needs to be updated but I am currently assuming that I should update the following lines:

# Java Library Path (location of wrapper.lib)

wrapper.java.library.path.1=../../../bin/wrapper/win32

wrapper.java.library.path.2=../../../lib/win32

With

# Java Library Path (location of wrapper.lib)

wrapper.java.library.path.1=../../../bin/wrapper/win64

After making the change on one of my SmartConnectors, the above error logs no longer appear and the SmartConnector appears to be working correctly.

Does anyone have more information on the above issue and whether updating the java library path is the right solution?

Thanks

Carl

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Honored Contributor.. gcrespo1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: 64bit SmartConnectors and "Unable to load the Wrapper's native library" error message

Hi Carl,

Your assumption is right. You have to change that last '32' with a '64'. that way, the wrapper loaded will be the right one.

Kind regards,

Gabriel Crespo

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Carl_E Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: 64bit SmartConnectors and "Unable to load the Wrapper's native library" error message

Thanks for confirming Gabriel. 

Any idea what breaks within the SmartConnector if you don't update the java library path?  I'm asking because even without this change, it appeared like the SmartConnector was having no issues parsing and forwarding events.

This fix just feels strange since you would figure if the only thing to do was to update the library path, that HP would have delivered the SmartConnector with this already configured correctly.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. gcrespo1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi Carl,

AFAIK, no changing that path means that the connector is working in 32-bit mode, which could lead to some limitations when setting the memory and maybe performance issues? Anyway, event with that 32-bit problem, low rate agents work without a problem.

Kind regards,

Gabriel

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

hehe ​ you will love my tail, "the 64-Bit Java Wrapper monster - or - to less memory to die properly"

0 Likes
Sandeep N Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi Carl,
Thanks,
Sandeep N
0 Likes
Sandeep N Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi Carl, Even I am facing the same issue. I have done some modifications specified by you. But still having the same issue. Any idea.
Thanks,
Sandeep N
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.