Trusted Contributor.. davharris@deloi1 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

7.7.2 and 7.7.3 Connector parsers - were you supposed to make public all the built-in parsers?

Jump to solution

Just downloaded the connector parser aups for 7.7.2 and 3. I got a zip file with every parser in it.

Was that intentional?  Thanks I guess however it would be nice to have an actual upgrade aup 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marijo Mandic Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: 7.7.2 and 7.7.3 Connector parsers - were you supposed to make public all the built-in parsers?

Jump to solution

Hello,

thank you for the feedback.

1) I usually download ArcSight SmartConnector Parser Update with IE from:
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/mySupport

2) Other option to download ArcSight SmartConnector Parser Update is from ArcSight Marketplace (you will need to log in to access download):
https://marketplace.microfocus.com/arcsight/content/smartconnectors-1

3) Also what Alexandros mentioned, if you download "ArcSight-7.7.3.8053.0-ConnectorParsers.aup" and change extension from "AUP" to "ZIP" you can just open and see contents but they are obfuscated. Try changing exchanging extension from "ZIP" to "AUP and then see if it will work with test SmartConnector.

Regards,

Marijo

0 Likes
5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: 7.7.2 and 7.7.3 Connector parsers - were you supposed to make public all the built-in parsers?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I downloaded for a test:
a) "ArcSight-7.7.3.8053.0-ConnectorParsers.aup" and got file of 8 MB with name of "ArcSight-7.7.3.8053.0-ConnectorParsers.aup"
b) "ArcSight-7.7.2.8042.0-ConnectorParsers.aup" and got file of 8 MB with name of "ArcSight-7.7.2.8042.0-ConnectorParsers.aup"

Could you please give more details what exactly you downloaded ?

Regards,

Marijo

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. davharris@deloi1 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

We clicked on the link and instead of AUPs we got zips. Alas the parsers are still obfuscated.

Doesnt work at all with firefox. Got it thru chrome that way

We tried other AUPs and they are fine, its just the 7.2,7.3 aups that seem to be broken

0 Likes
alexandros_n Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I don't have this issue with FF 57 but your problem was a simple rename.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

thank you for the feedback.

1) I usually download ArcSight SmartConnector Parser Update with IE from:
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/mySupport

2) Other option to download ArcSight SmartConnector Parser Update is from ArcSight Marketplace (you will need to log in to access download):
https://marketplace.microfocus.com/arcsight/content/smartconnectors-1

3) Also what Alexandros mentioned, if you download "ArcSight-7.7.3.8053.0-ConnectorParsers.aup" and change extension from "AUP" to "ZIP" you can just open and see contents but they are obfuscated. Try changing exchanging extension from "ZIP" to "AUP and then see if it will work with test SmartConnector.

Regards,

Marijo

0 Likes
alexandros_n Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

The AUP files are "zip like" but the files inside have extension aup and are not readable. As you sure that you got the parsers?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.