Highlighted
Super Contributor.. lybinhlap Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

ADP ArcMC requirement for centralize management?

Jump to solution

Dear experts,

For example, if I want to remote control 1000 connectors, 100 Loggers. How can I know ArcMC requirement to remote connectors, loggers, and others ArcMC?

Thanks,
Lap

Never give up
Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ADP ArcMC requirement for centralize management?

Jump to solution

It really depends on how active you have your management around these devices and systems and how frequently you are monitoring and changing configurations. If its infrequent, it is possible that you could use a single ArcMC system for this. There are appliance models that can be used to do this and the standard specification is provided attached below.

However, if you want to do more active monitoring of the systems and devices, I would actually recommend two or three ArcMC systems for this. This breaks down the overall load, simplifies what ArcMC has to do for the topology view etc and makes it simpler for it to generate alerts should something go wrong. With this in mind I would work on either 2 or 3 ArcMC servers (of similar specification to the appliance specification attached) and you will be fine.

Please note that ArcMC 2.6 was just released and it actually will cope with thousands of connectors in the topology view and does so quickly and easily. So overall performance isnt an issue. Its when you want to push out an update to 1000 connectors that is going to be the issue. If you did do a bulk operation for example, thats a lot of connections and processing to do. It will do it, but it will also take time and processing power to do. Therefore this is why I am recommending to use a larger number of servers to address this - it makes it simpler, easier and faster.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Lap,

For remote management from an ArcMC the device you are managing needs to listen on what is called a "remote management service port".    On connectors you enable this functionality and you offer the port number for access.   For other devices there is an ArcMC agent that can be applied which performs that listening function.  Typically the recommendation is to use port 9000 and up if available, but again flexible to your needs.

In short if you want to remotely manage an ArcSight device from ArcMC the user defined port must be accessible from ArcMC.

Kind Regards,

Peter

0 Likes
pbrettle Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

It really depends on how active you have your management around these devices and systems and how frequently you are monitoring and changing configurations. If its infrequent, it is possible that you could use a single ArcMC system for this. There are appliance models that can be used to do this and the standard specification is provided attached below.

However, if you want to do more active monitoring of the systems and devices, I would actually recommend two or three ArcMC systems for this. This breaks down the overall load, simplifies what ArcMC has to do for the topology view etc and makes it simpler for it to generate alerts should something go wrong. With this in mind I would work on either 2 or 3 ArcMC servers (of similar specification to the appliance specification attached) and you will be fine.

Please note that ArcMC 2.6 was just released and it actually will cope with thousands of connectors in the topology view and does so quickly and easily. So overall performance isnt an issue. Its when you want to push out an update to 1000 connectors that is going to be the issue. If you did do a bulk operation for example, thats a lot of connections and processing to do. It will do it, but it will also take time and processing power to do. Therefore this is why I am recommending to use a larger number of servers to address this - it makes it simpler, easier and faster.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank Peter. But I want to focus on hardware requirement.

Paul gave me clear answer below.

Regards,

Lap

Never give up
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much, it is very helpful to me.

Regards,

Lap

Never give up
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.