Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AWS - Amazon Cloud Trail \ Watch - I need to pull these logs into ArcSight - Please provide flexConnector

AWS - Amazon Cloud Trail  -  I need to pull the logs into ArcSight.

I see the discussions on Protect724, but can't find the flex files to make it work.  This should be apart of  ArcSight standard connectors, can you please provide?

0 Likes
10 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Bobbie, unfortunately this isn't a standard connector, of which the official list can be seen here and it is missing -> http://www8.hp.com/h20195/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA5-3404ENW.pdf.

I agree with you, it should be supported soon. If you are interested in official support, the best thing to do is to submit a feature request to HP support, and then post the Request number here so others can support it.

If you are after the quickest possible solution, however, has indicated that she has built something, and if asked nicely, might share with us all

Hope this helps.

Richard

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

We are going to add support for Amazon Cloud Trail pretty soon. It would be helpful if you could elaborate more on the need. Cloud Trail supports many Amazon applications (see CloudTrail Supported Services - AWS CloudTrail) - which are you most interested in?

~ Ofer

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Sure...completely swamped...will try to upload as soon as I get a chance

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

First thing to start with should be the Administration and Security I think.  Primarily, once a connector with parsing has been developed for the JSON format which CloudTrail uses I think any of the supported services will be parsed more or less with only minimal adjustment for each logical sub-division. 

My biggest issues, which Ive not yet had a chance to follow up on, are parsing nested JSON values and that the FolderFollower connector does not handle .gz files like the FileReader connectors do. 

Supporting those 2 items I think will get us 80% of the way to supporting all of the AWS logging domains handled by CloudTrail. 

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AWS Cloud Trail is an officially supported connector as of the 7.1.4 release. Details can be found here

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

wooooooooooooooooooo

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bomb Diggity!

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear All,

Is it possible to collect the Cloud watch, S3 Buckets and VPC logs from smart ocnenctor or Flex conenctor?

Regards,

Ram

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Has anyone got this to work?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.