Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AWS authentication error

Jump to solution

hello, i am getting the following error when using the AWS cloudtrail connector version 7.2.4

com.amazonaws.services.s3.model.AmazonS3Exception: AWS authentication requires a valid Date or x-amz-date header (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied; Request ID: 38F881117E1D2154)

the system time is accurate, connector is running on windows server 2012.

any ideas on how to get this fiexed?

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor.

As a workaround, while HPE sort out the issue, you can install Java 8u45 and replace the ArcSight jre in the in the %ArcSight%\current directory with the 8U45 version. This will get you up and running. The use of the old AWS Java SDK also relates to an issue with decoding the encrypted logs, so until it's sorted out, along with the option to use the AWS EC2 role based access, it's not something I would use on a production system.  I’ve also tested the latest JRE from Oracle and it still has the issue. I logged a ticket for this last month as well, if you can I would suggest logging a ticket as well. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

We were investigating the same issue yesterday.  It appears to be a mismatch between Java 1.8 and the JodaTime library version (amazon web services - AWS Java SDK - AWS authentication requires a valid Date or x-amz-date header - Stack Overflow ). We have a ticket open with support currently

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

As a workaround, while HPE sort out the issue, you can install Java 8u45 and replace the ArcSight jre in the in the %ArcSight%\current directory with the 8U45 version. This will get you up and running. The use of the old AWS Java SDK also relates to an issue with decoding the encrypted logs, so until it's sorted out, along with the option to use the AWS EC2 role based access, it's not something I would use on a production system.  I’ve also tested the latest JRE from Oracle and it still has the issue. I logged a ticket for this last month as well, if you can I would suggest logging a ticket as well. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, replacing the jre with version 8u45 allowed me to authenticate. I will also create a ticket with HP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi,

Changing Java version got it working. & Can you please share your HPE Case IDs so we can get HPE to work on all of them together for a faster resolution. Our Case id is 5311033856.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.