KMac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Activate_Wiki_Install_Guide_v1.0KM.pdf

The purpose of this document is to provide guidance on installing the ArcSight Activate Wiki.

The Activate Wiki is a set of downloadable content that can be deployed on the open-source “Foswiki” application.

This can be performed on a local Foswiki install, hosted on a dedicated server with Foswiki, hosted within a virtual machine (VM), or using an alternative method such as “Foswiki on a USB stick”.

These instructions detail how to install the Activate Wiki content on Foswiki, within a VM with CentOS 6.6 as the operating system.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
18 Replies
Honored Contributor.. john.robinson21 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Activate_Wiki_Install_Guide_v1.0KM.pdf

Followed all these steps but still can not bring up the webpage when entering http://<IP_Address_of_VM>/foswiki/bin/configure.  I can ping my local host and back. Disabled IP tables and IP6 tables just to be sure.  Any ideas? Thanks for the guide.

0 Likes
cosmin.marin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check if package is installed, reinstall.

Sent from my HTC

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

what package?

0 Likes
cosmin.marin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Foswiki. I followed the steps but realized there was no daemon listening on port 80. Apparently I skipped some packages (y/N) when prompted to install foswiki.

Sent from my HTC

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Figured it out.  If using Virtualbox, make sure your network settings on the VM is set to:

Attached to: Host-only Adapter

Name: virtualbox host only ethernet adapter

Promiscuous mode: allow all

Also, I am on a LAN.  My mistake was that when checking the different network settings, i did not restart the VM after each change.  I keep the VM running.  I assumed that each change would replicate on the VM, but a restart was needed after each change.  I am just now viewing the material and let you know if I run into any other issues.  I heard that this content will be updated and am anxious to see how that will happen when my VM is in host only mode.  WinSCP was able to work after I corrected my network settings.  A good suggestion is to ensure you can ping the VM from your host when troubleshooting.  Once the ping works, you are good to go!

0 Likes
Contributor.. darkprince211 Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi,

I couldnt download the activate-­‐wiki.tar.gz file on below link. I need this file to setup foswiki. Can anyone share it with me ? Thank you.

https://protect724.hp.com/groups/activate-­‐framework

0 Likes
rudi.jager@hpe. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can find it here at step 2.

0 Likes
MaryCordova Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Use your loopback IP for the URL http://<IP_Address_of_VM>/foswiki/bin/configure

For example mine is: http://127.0.0.1/foswiki/bin/configure

0 Likes
Internetkid
New Member.

CentOS 6.6 is no longer available to download in the general releases.  I tried 6.7 iso image and the yum and url paths are not working.  Has anyone got Foswiki on cent 6.7 or 7.1 working?

0 Likes
MaryCordova Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Try this: Index of /6.6/isos

0 Likes
rvil460 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When I try to install the makecache, I receive "Error: File contains no section headers. file: file:///etc/yum.repos.d/foswiki.repo, line: 1" '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">\n'

Any ideas?  I'm running CentOS 6.6 as stated in the install guide.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sekhar Dadi Contributor.
Contributor.

How did you fix that.

can you please help, i am also facing same issue.

0 Likes
rvil460 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Never mind, I fixed it.  The repos were messed up.

0 Likes
prentice@hpe.co Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hey everyone,

Please note, and KMac's doc says this, but this installation guide is assuming that you are installing into a VM on your own system (e.g., your laptop), and not available to anyone else. If this is not the case, please DO NOT TURN OFF IPTABLES!

You'd think this would be obvious to a security group, but... And, no, I won't even mention the initials of the party that didn't think this through before turning off IPTABLES on their network-accessible FOSwiki installation. At least it wasn't directly exposed to the Internet!

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.