Highlighted
dcorwin25 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Active Channel is killing my database

I have an Active Channel that has worked for years and has all of a sudden started crashing my database. When users access the Active Channel, the columns will populate but will only say "Loading Event ID..." and will never load. When I do a "show full processlist" in the database, it shows all of the processes (users accessing this active channel) hung in the "Execute" status. Over time, the whole application crashes and I stop getting any events. Has anyone ever seen or had this issue before?

2 Replies
David Bau Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Active Channel is killing my database

Sounds like you definitely open a case with support, If you dont have support review the server.log and server.std.log for any lines containing ERROR, WARN or FATAL. Also consider increasing the memory setting "innodb_buffer_pool_size=4096m" on the file /opt/arcsight/logger/data/mysql/my.cnf (be sure to back up the file first)
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. varunraaj Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Active Channel is killing my database

Hi,

Should be retrivel issue. Please check the performance of DB if you wanna sort it out on temporary basis try reducing the time period of the active channel and also limit the field set which is been used in the active channel hope this helps to some extent.

Regards,

Varun P G

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.