Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. psantiamo Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Add a Container

I want to add a new container to a software connector appliance. Unfortunately, the guide says that I "don't have to add a container as containers are added automatically when a new host is added to the system."

This is confusing (frustrating) because in order for me to add a connector, I first have to add a container. As far as I know there are no clear cut ways to create a container on a software connector appliance. My hardware connector appliance is running on 6.3.

Can anyone assist?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
vluiz1
New Member.

Re: Add a Container

Note that there is a distinction between software Connector Appliance and software connector. The Connector Appliance is a product that is no longer sold by HP. It has been replaced by the ArcSight Management Center (ArcMC). Typically connector appliances / ArcMCs come with a bunch of internal connectors.

Software connectors can be installed on Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc. platforms to collect logs from a variety of sources. You may want to look at the documentation found here:

This is what you might actually want to be doing:

1. Install the software connector.

2. Enable remote management on connector.

3. Ensure firewall ports are open, etc.

4. Connect to newly installed connector from Connector Appliance.

0 Likes
amgupta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add a Container

Each container can listen on one port. So u just need to mention remote setting on agent.propertie of new connector

and then scan the node in the your appliacne providing the port range ending with new port and user name password for remote management. New container will automatically created.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.