Highlighted
Markl Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Add a connector destination issue

Hi all,

I have a problem with a Syslog connector.

I´ve added a Syslog Connector in the Connector Appliance. I follow all steps and all is right until "destination". I select Logger destination and no problem.

But, if I try to add "Arcsight Manager" destination, an error promts (User not authenticated. Attempted access to com.arcsight.server.auth.AuthorizationServer.installAgent from xxx.xx.xx.xx (xxx.xx.xx.xx))

I´ve an Arcsight Express Appliance 5.0 SP2. The first thing that I check is the Manager certificate and the cacert, but the certificate is valid until 2017.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards,

Marcos

Be Water My Friend
0 Likes
3 Replies
AlexMuratov1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add a connector destination issue

You have to create a special user of type "Connector Installer" for this purpose. I can bet that ESM ArcSight 5.0 did not enforced it, so "admin" was enough, but I am not sure about "express" modification of the ESM. At least ESM 6.* requires "connector installer" for all Connectors registrations. Also check that you use right credentials, the error message is pretty clear about it.

Regards,
Alex.

0 Likes
Markl Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your update,

Is the first time that I watch this issue. When I add a new conenctor I always use the same user for this. I´ve tried with 2 different users and the error promts is the same. The last time I added a connector I try with the same user and all working fine.

Kind Regards,

Marcos

Be Water My Friend
0 Likes
AlexMuratov1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sounds weird for me... You can review logs of a connector you tried to register to get more detailed information what actually happened since displayed messages sometimes are not very informative. But since you succeeded, it is not worth the time.

Regards,

Alex.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.