Highlighted
vpeter1
New Member.

Advantages of CORR-based ESM?

Hi yall,

What are some advantages/benefits of using of CORR-based ESM? I've mostly only found qualitative descriptions/details like:

CORR-Engine Storage and Archive Management ESM introduces the Correlation Optimized Retention and Retrieval Engine (CORR-Engine), a proprietary data storage and retrieval framework that replaces Oracle.

CORR-Engine is optimized to run on systems with a large number of cores and:

- Provides significant performance improvements over Oracle storage

- Reduces storage size significantly for online and archived data

- Receives and processes events at high rates, and performs high-speed searches

- Provides streamlined archive compression, storage, and management Refer to the Management Console User’s Guide for details.

(https://protect724.hp.com/docs/DOC-3157)

(https://protect724.hp.com/docs/DOC-3151)

However I am looking for more quantitative info on the benefits of CORR-based ESM. Please advise? Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
nmbabkin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Advantages of CORR-based ESM?

I won't get you to some comparison between CORRE and Oracle versions, but I would say that the greatest benefit of CORRE is that it is already included in ESM installation, so you don't have to install and maintain external Oracle database (which is a hard work to do - installing patches, measure performance etc).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.