Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Agent:043 Not showing up In my Active list And Logger

Hii all,

I am trying to get a report For all reporting devices.The Scenario here is Logs from Connector will be going to Logger First then it goes to ESM.

When i am trying to pull a report on all reporting Devices by creating list and populating it with rule and running a report on it by using agent:043 in filter.Its not retrieving any entries.

I have tried putting agent:043 in my active channel and i can see channel is Quite no entries.Later i had put agent 0:43 in logger also but i am not getting any entries.

Help me out of this.

Thanks in Advance.

NSN
Labels (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Agent:043 Not showing up In my Active list And Logger

Dear Nirmal,

In order for your connectors to generate agent:043 "Connector Device Status" events, as far as I know you have to configure this in the connector's parameters.

So, from your ArcSight Console:

Connector -> Right Click -> Configure -> Default -> Processing -> Enable Device Status Monitoring (in millisec)

Minimum interval for generating these events is 60000 milisec - so 1 minute.

Have you already done this?

All the best,

Stefan

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your response.I will try configuring connector parameters and if i still have trouble i will get back .

Thanks Again

NSN
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

I had this problem too. I've fixed it by adding the following:

Enable device status monitoring (in millisec) to something 60000 or above.

Added this value to user/agent/agent.properties

agents[0].forwardmode=true

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hello,

Can anyone provide me the all details how to implement this health monitoring process. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.