Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alert Notification in Logger when a threshold is reached for a storage group

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I have used one query in logger to generate an alert when a threshold is reached for a particular storage group:

_storageGroup IN ["Internal Event Storage Group"] AND deviceEventClassId = "storagegroup:100" AND deviceCustomNumber1 >= 10.

This query works fine and events can be seen, however when I try to use another storage group "say: Default Storage Group", I am not getting any results.

Kindly suggest on this so that I can have other storage groups as well for alerting.

Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,

Anurag Srivastava

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member.

_storageGroup IN ["Internal Event Storage Group"]

This means that the search is restricted to events in the Internal Event Storage Group. All Logger system events are stored in the Internal Event Storage Group, including the events that pertain to Default Storage Group storage utilisation.

Run this query again and look through the fields. There is a field which specifies the name of the storage group that is being reported on. Your query is correct and will return output when any storage group hits 10% usage (you should probably increase that to 85/90%).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

_storageGroup IN ["Internal Event Storage Group"]

This means that the search is restricted to events in the Internal Event Storage Group. All Logger system events are stored in the Internal Event Storage Group, including the events that pertain to Default Storage Group storage utilisation.

Run this query again and look through the fields. There is a field which specifies the name of the storage group that is being reported on. Your query is correct and will return output when any storage group hits 10% usage (you should probably increase that to 85/90%).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Vijay for your response!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi,

Any idea how to limit the rule as one notification/ day.

As these events generate periodically and will cause flooding the rule.

Regards,

Irfan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Irfan,

When you will save the search in logger, you will get an option where you can schedule the notifications as per your need.

Hope this helps..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.