Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any study material for HP0-A116 certification exam?

Hello everyone,

I took the exam last saturday and made 56% and wanted to know if there are any study materials that would help me get 65%.

Thank you all,

Mohammed -

0 Likes
7 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

To be precise, ESM 101 is your best buddy for this exam along with console hands on. Spend lot of time in reports, queryviewer, datamonitors and active channels.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Mohammed,

Normally the following guides should be enough to pass this certification exam:

Additional study materials 

• ArcSight ESM 6.5c Administrator Guide
  • ArcSight ESM 6.5c ArcSight Console Guide
  • ArcSight ESM 6.5c ArcSight Command Center User Guide
  • ArcSight ESM 6.5c ArcSight Web User Guide
  • ArcSight ESM 6.5c Installation and Configuration Guide
  • ArcSight ESM 6.5c Standard Content Guide
  • ArcSight SmartConnectors User Guide

I advice you also to read ESM_101 classic user guide and some documents about Loggers, ConnApp, SIEM, you will find on following HP website:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/siem-security-information-event-management/

This documentation should be enough to prepare and pass successfully this exam which is not so difficult according to comment on Protect.

I have to pass it in the following months.

You get 56%, do you remember difficult subject/questions you got?

I hope this information will help you.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hello,

The exam is not difficult.

I passed it without studying it.

Question are basic when you practice deployment and use the Arcsight Console.

I could check if I've questions in my folders.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mohammed Hossain:

Several people have made some excellent suggestions, the HP0-A116 is aligned with the HP Software Education Training Plan Guide for Enterprise Security Products. To prepare of the A116 exam, we recommend the "HP ArcSight ESM 6.5 Administrator and Analyst" course.  This course is offered both in a Instructor Lead Classroom environment and Virtual environment.

The material suggested is an excellent starting place as well.  But remember the exam is not designed as a knowledge retention, but as a ability to demonstrate and present an understanding of the needed exposure for an individual with at least 6 months experience using the ArcSight products.

If you have any questions please reach out and I will be willing to help as best I can.

Regards,

Joel E. Natt CISSP, CRISC
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Software Education
Global Exam/Certification Lead – Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Software

Trainer – HP Software Education – Fortify, TippingPoint

Get Training: http://www.hpenterprisesecurity.com/university

Get Certified: http://h10120.www1.hp.com/ExpertOne/certification_program_overview.html

Joel E. Natt, CISSP CRISC
Global Exam/Certification Development Manager – Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software Education
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you all, Anwar, Michael, Dan, and Joel, for your feedbacks.

I have not done any deployment of ArcSight yet, but preparing myself for an engagement. QRadar is all I do and much simpler deployment.

Michael, I used those guides and searched key terms and concepts. It does not tell you which questions you did wrong and for the most part you have to make decisions from practicality, process of elimination, and common sense. I believe what got me was the select two questions, because for the most part I could have always got one answer that I know for sure, but the second one I always had to figure out.

Anyhow folks, it would be useful for the new comers, as well as for those preparing for this exam, if we all can draft a few questions then in no time, we would have pages of exam prep materials.

Thank you,

V/r, Mohammed -

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mohammed:

You might want to consider the HP0-A100 exam before the A116 exam.  This may help you gain a broader insight into the ArcSight environment as well.

Joel E. Natt CISSP, CRISC
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Software Education
Global Exam/Certification Lead – Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Software

Trainer – HP Software Education – Fortify, TippingPoint

Get Training: http://www.hpenterprisesecurity.com/university

Get Certified: http://h10120.www1.hp.com/ExpertOne/certification_program_overview.html

Joel E. Natt, CISSP CRISC
Global Exam/Certification Development Manager – Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software Education
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

Could anyone share the A116 exam pattern.

Thanks,

Sandeep

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.