Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Anyone else seeing that some datamonitors don't start automatically after manager restart?

We have noticed that whenever we restart the manager service (or reboot the entire esm) that some data monitors don't start up automatically.  They show as running, but they arent collecting any data.  If we stop then start the datamonitor then they work fine.  It's only a few of them that we see this happen with (or at least that we have found so far).  I was curious to see if anyone else had seem similar behaviors?  (We are running ESM 6.5cP1) !

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Anyone else seeing that some datamonitors don't start automatically after manager restart?

Hi Dustin,

Which Data Monitor type probe u have this Issue with ? r u talking abt bucketized ones

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Anyone else seeing that some datamonitors don't start automatically after manager restart?

Hi Dustin, we are experiencing the same issue with some of the following data monitors:

• bucketized
  • hourly counts

We even tried to stop and start the data monitor but still doesn't collect any data.   We also have verified that the ones that are working are not collecting the correct number of events.   We verified this by creating a filter and visualizing using a query viewer with the same time parameters as the data monitor.

Seems like we have hit a bug !

Regards

Mario

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

In our case the one we see it happen to everytime the manager stops is a Moving Average data monitor.  If we stop the data monitor (it says its running but isnt actually collecting any data) then start it again the data monitor starts working.  We have to do that every time the manager restarts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I recently have seen the same issue in our 6.8c installation.  Yesterday after a reboot all but one of my data monitors for Logger CPU health stopped collecting data.  The same thing on my Logger Memory usage data monitors.  Tried disabling/enabling the problematic monitors to no avail.

Anyone else find a resolution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I too have same kind of issue. anyone find a solution?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.