Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
arjunprasad1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Apache Tomcat Flex Connector

Hi All,

I have to implement a Apache Tomcat Flex Connector, for the same  I have developed a Custom Parser(subagent)  and the same is placed under \current\user\agent\flexagent\syslog. But the connector is not taking this parser.How to enable the option in Connector to take this Parser?

As i checked in agent.properties, there is no option like

agents[0].customsubagentlist and agents[0].usecustomsubagentlist.

Regards

Arjun

Labels (3)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Sunil1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Apache Tomcat Flex Connector

Hi Arjun,

Try deleting the wrapper file and restart the connector service. Now connector should pick the proper subagent which is developed by you.(Make sure the naming is proper and the path where you place the file)

Regards,

Sunil

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Sunil,

Kindly confirm the path for the wrapper file.

If I delete the below file, it is showing service cannot be started.(Path: \current\user\agentagent.wrapper.conf.  )

Regards

Arjun

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Which connector have you installed? And what is the parser name that you have used?

Regards,
Sunil

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Sunil,

I installed Apache Tomcat File Config connector.And the parser that I developed have the name "Tomcat.subagent.sdkrfilereader.properties".

Regards

Arjun

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Arjun,

It is a supported device, you don't need a parser(Custom connector) for this. If you have installed Apache Tomcat File Config connector it should parse the apache logs without any parser.

--

Sunil

0 Likes
Kaushal160 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello Sunil1,

You have talked about Apache Tomcat file configuration connector but in that baseline nothing was given properly on how ship the logs from apache server to connector server. 

Can you please help me in know how you can ship? I am in urgent need of this.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushal Kishor

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Sunil,

The Tomcat Version that I have is not supported by the connector, so it is not parsing.Hence I moved with Flex Development.

Apart from Tomcat  connector, which connector can be used for the same as flex connector?

Regards

Arjun

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Arjun,

It depends on the raw logs. You need to decide what type of raw logs are being produced. If you provide the sample raw logs, i will be able to help you.

--

Sunil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.