New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

ArcLogger - Scheduled Alerts emails with no sender

Hi,
i have problem with Scheduled Alerts. Alerts Email are sent correctly but have no sender.

SMTP (Outgoing Email Address) in Admin section and Report configuration section is set correctly.

Any suggestions how to solve it, please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello!

I asked colleague in product management who is not sure about answer but is guessing that there is a misconfiguration. Are there more details you could share with community members, so that someone will understand the issue?

Optionally, you may want to open a support case.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Report emails are OK. In header of report emails is set in "From: " email which is set in Reports > Report Configuration > EMail From Address .

But.

In Alert emails is "From: " not set. "From:" is completely missing.  System Admin > SMTP > Outgoing Email Address is set same as in report configuration.

Logger vestion is: HPE ArcSight Logger: 6.5.1.8154.0

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I wonder if it has issues accessing that variable for some reason. The specific error occuring should normally be logged, and i wonder if it's possible to trigger the alarm while at the same time looking through the one or multiple of the default server logs?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Yes, looking logs and trigger alarm in same time is possible.
Which logs are important for this case?

BTW: I was try looked at logs but dont find any error wich correspond with this case. Maby I looked at wrong logs. 😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

NOTE:

Password reset emails are sent correct (with email address in From: )

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.