Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

ArcMC 2.61 connector upgrade breaks ArcMC device by device product dashboard

Jump to solution

After upgrading 7.3 smartconnectors to 7.10 using ArcMC 2.62, the ArcMC device by device product dashboard stops working.  Currently I have an SR into support.  has anyone else experienced this situation?

I'm hoping that there is a patch or a fix instead of the usual solution to upgrade, which I also did to 2.7 & 2.71 in an attempt to see if that solves the problem, which it did not.

Only good aspect is that I can still manage the connectors but that dashboard and the topology view were pretty handy.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Reason for Breakage as per Suppport:

Hello Angelo,

I got the results of the test, please find the summary below:

With the developers helps, we recreated the issue and got the same results “UI Device” blank, using ArcMC 2.6 to manage Connector version 7.10.

Find out that ArcMC 2.6 only support Connector VM with API version “1020100”. The reason of the issue is that 7.10 version has API version “1020200” and is beyond the version that ArcMC 2.6 supports.

The recommendation for you at this point is upgrade to at least to 2.8 which support connector API version  (>= 1020100).

Since 2.6 is a 2 years old release.  There are vulnerability fixes that you doesn't have.

Also, 2.6 has a OOM problem, so, we highly recommend to upgrade your logger. Please note that ArcMC 2.91 is coming out in the next couple of weeks.  Upgrade to 2.9 is not recommended.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The 2.70 upgrade actually fixed the issue for all my customers/installations.

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Tried that it didnt work.  Only version where it works for us was 2.8.1 but upgrading should not be the solution.

They have know this was an issue and should have a fix. Thats what really pisses me off.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Sorry I got mixed up with the logger version (6.70). I meant the ArcMc issue got fixed with 2.90 not 2.70. 🙂

Of course upgrading can be a solution. If it is a bug, what else could they do? Anyways, got 2.90 running here and at other customers and the dashboard is working again. Not saying it is particularly useful though... 😉

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Agree with you David.

This has been fixed in version 2.9, so you will have to upgrade your ArcMC.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I too had this issue and upgraded to version 2.71 which resolved the issue at the time.

I have subsequently upgraded to version 2.81 which has again broken the very useful device by device type dashboard.

Again the response has been to upgrade the latest version 2.9 which is very unsatifactory.

The issue is not listed in any of the documentation for the latest versions so be aware

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Still fixes the issue though.

Anyways the dashboard has other issues like the "age out" feature which currently PERMANENTLY removes a device type from the dashboard (cannot bring it back) if all devices of one type age out. Also it counts same ip with or without hostname as different devices.

In the current implementation I do not find it very useful. What it should do is display a list of devices that send events. Since some devices rarely send events, showing all of them as "dead" actually makes the dashboard useless. And you cannot even create a report out of it or display it as a table and export that. In my opinion it´s still better to use device status monitoring and build your own reports. But even that fails quite often.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Reason for Breakage as per Suppport:

Hello Angelo,

I got the results of the test, please find the summary below:

With the developers helps, we recreated the issue and got the same results “UI Device” blank, using ArcMC 2.6 to manage Connector version 7.10.

Find out that ArcMC 2.6 only support Connector VM with API version “1020100”. The reason of the issue is that 7.10 version has API version “1020200” and is beyond the version that ArcMC 2.6 supports.

The recommendation for you at this point is upgrade to at least to 2.8 which support connector API version  (>= 1020100).

Since 2.6 is a 2 years old release.  There are vulnerability fixes that you doesn't have.

Also, 2.6 has a OOM problem, so, we highly recommend to upgrade your logger. Please note that ArcMC 2.91 is coming out in the next couple of weeks.  Upgrade to 2.9 is not recommended.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.