Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. dkuehner Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

ArcMC 2.92 issue, possible bug

Jump to solution

I updated an ArcMC from 2.91 to 2.92 two weeks ago. There seems to be a bug however, as it is impossible to upload anything to the "Upgrade Files" repository. So I can no longer remotely upgrade any other ArcMCs, Loggers or Connectors.

I get the following error in the logs:

[2019-08-01 09:32:53,843][ERROR][ConnectorUpgradeRepositoryConfigPage][handleUpload][E70497D0E16345FFFF00B0D6A9D2DA43][ajp-bio-127.0.0.1-8009-exec-6]
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Socket read failed
at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:351)

The support did not come up with any helpful reply for 2 weeks now, so I would like to warn anyone who is about to update an ArcMC. Possibly it´s just an issue on THIS installation, but you never know. It´s a software ArcMC running on CentOS 7.6.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ArcMC 2.92 issue, possible bug

Jump to solution

Hello David,

I have been testing this on my ArcMC and I observed the same issue.
It seems like this is a bug and it happens because of the changes in the apache module mod_reqtimeout (http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.4

To workaround this issue, open httpd.conf file and add this line and restart ArcMC:

RequestReadTimeout header=20-40,MinRate=500 body=20,MinRate=500

This will allow you to upload the file even if the upload won't finish within 20 seconds.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kresimir

8 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hey there,

Let me try since I have updated an appliance C6500 from ArcMC 2.9.1 to ArcMC 2.9.2 for two weeks ago.

Test:

I have uploaded the new version of :

- Smart Connector 7.13.0.8179.0 ( Arcsight-7.13.0.8178.0-Connectors.aup)

- ArcMC 2.9.2 ( arcmc-2188.enc)

- OS RHEL 6.10 (osupgrade-arcmc-rhel610-20190717093105.enc)

on Upgrade Repository on this appliance using a Google Chrome( latest version)  browser and Microsoft Edge ( latest version). I chose those files aup and enc from a simple reason to have different formats and sizes (322 MB, 807 MB, and 312 MB). 

Result:

With the Microsoft Edge. The upload worked flowless with all the files. I did not have any issues.

With the Chrome browser uploading the small files worked perfect but for the biggest file (arcmc-2188.enc) the upload it's not working. It stays for minutes showing uploading the file. The status bar shows percentage up to 80 % or 99 % and starts over again and in the end, it's generated an error and upload it's failing.

Maybe this is an issue related to the browser.  At least this his my experience till now.

Did you try multiple Browsers to upload the files?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yes I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome. Before the upgrade they worked.

The issue with the 80-99% is the same as I have. It tries to upload again and again and again... until you click some other menue.

There is no edge available here.

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello,

did you try first with the small files more or less than 300 MB?

Also, I did the test with IE and unfortunate with the browser I did not succeed to upload any file.

Since till now, it looks like only one browser has no issues trying to find if you have the possibility an Edge browser.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello again,

for sure this is a bug on 2.9.2 version and it looks like it's also involving the browser as well.  I don't know how the Microsoft Edge can upload the file but definitely, with the rest of browsers like IE or Chrome ( i don't have Firefox ) I am not able to load a file close to 800 MB as the enc upgrade file for ArcMC has ).

I repeat the same scenario on appliance ArcMC 2.9.1 and no issue here. The browsers that I used for the test is: IE, Chrome and they are able to push the file having 800 MB.

Another point of investigation - take a look at :

- the log file arcmc_web.out.log during located into /opt/arcsight/userdata/logs/arcmc/. Maybe you will find something and see some errors.

- the location where the upgrade files are uploaded: /opt/arcsight/userdata/arcmc/repository/upgrade/. Strange thing is that I can see when ArcMc tries to upload the file here hit a content value ..500 MB or 6xx MB and the temp file it's deleted and start all over again to upload the file ..

Best Regards,

Daniel

Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yes I made the same observation with the .tmp files. For some reason I can also not upload the 7.13 AUP file even though it is no that big.

osucoop Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Welp this would explain it.  I have been troubleshooting this for hours and couldn't figure it out.  I'm experiencing all the same issues as you guys are with uploading files after the upgrade to ArcMC 2.92.  Now I have tried using IE, Edge, Chrome and FF, with no success at all uploading the framework aup file.  So I would assume it is a setting within the browsers that is cauisng the issue.  So hopefully someone figures out what the setting it is so we can resolve this issue.  

Also there is an issue with Framework 7.13 with regards to oracle_db connector.  I will make a seperate post for this issue. 

Thanks for sharing.   

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello David,

I have been testing this on my ArcMC and I observed the same issue.
It seems like this is a bug and it happens because of the changes in the apache module mod_reqtimeout (http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.4

To workaround this issue, open httpd.conf file and add this line and restart ArcMC:

RequestReadTimeout header=20-40,MinRate=500 body=20,MinRate=500

This will allow you to upload the file even if the upload won't finish within 20 seconds.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kresimir

osucoop Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Tested and confirmed this resolved the issue.  

Thanks all for the support!!!  

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.