dcorwin25 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

ArcMC Configuration Management Question

Jump to solution

I was able to successfully import the User Configuration of one of my loggers to the ArcMC...so I basically I was able to import all of the user accounts and permissions of my logger to the ArcMC in an effort to push out as policy to other loggers. The issue that I am having is that I am unable to push this configuration to my other logger. I am getting a pretty generic error message: "Failed to push configuration, "<configuration name>" to its Subscribers."

My question to you all is, where can I find the logs that tell me why the configuration push failed??

I have been able to find the actual config in /opt/arcsight/userdata/arcmc/repository/configuration/PlatformUserConfiguration...but this only gives me the details of the config, not any logs coinciding with it.

Hopefully someone in here will know what the deal is!

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Re: ArcMC Configuration Management Question

Jump to solution

I may have found it...looking at the logs in:

/opt/arcsight/userdata/logs/arcmc/arcmc_web.log | grep -i "<logger hostname>"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I may have found it...looking at the logs in:

/opt/arcsight/userdata/logs/arcmc/arcmc_web.log | grep -i "<logger hostname>"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

So, this is where you would find any errors with configuration management pushes...at first I thought it only stated that it failed, but then I expanded out the logs and it tells you exactly why the push failed!

As for the reason it was failing...my source logger configuration consisted of some permission groups that had not been created on the destination logger. The push was failing because the custom groups were showing up as invalid. After adding the custom groups, I was able to push the configuration.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.