New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted

ArcMC Metric Type Description

Hi,

Anyone know where are the ArcMC metric types are expalined? The description is not very clear to me, especially the "SUM CONNECTOR_FULL_GC_COUNT"

Mustapha
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That error may be related to Full GC issue of Smart connector.

The Full GC may be due to the JAVA Memory issue, to resolve that you need to edit JVM for the SmartConnector.

a.  Edit the<ArcSight_home>/current/user/agent/agent.wrapper.conffile

b. Modify the following properties in agent.wrapper.conf to change the value of

minimunand maximummemory used in Mb:

wrapper.java.initmemory=256

wrapper.java.maxmemory=256

Example of the modified property:

wrapper.java.initmemory=512

wrapper.java.maxmemory=1024

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the info, any idea about the reset of the warning, actually I'm looking for the whole list.

Mustapha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The message should get reset and the message disappear. If it is not, try restarting the connector completely. However, if you have corrected the memory issue, I would be tempted to just leave it for a full 24 hours first and see if it is flushed first.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Will consider this, thanks.

What about other warning, do you have a list that explains them?

Mustapha
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Unfortunately not, but I will see if there is anything kicking around!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Indy Man

I have changed the init and MAX mem in the wrapper.conf file. But still have the GC (Allocation Failures) happening very frequently.

Any idea of what else could be the issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

the "GC (Allocation Failure)" messages are normal, thats a minor GC occuring and the cause of the GC.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.