Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. JanSevela Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

ArcMC Monitoring Summary/Devices

Hello, 

Is it normal Host Name without IP Address, or vice-versa, in detail of device product from Devices by Device Type at Monitoring Summary? 

For example at Unix product there is only Host Name , but the IP address can be seen, for example, in Logger (deviceAddress).

On the other side, at detail of IIS product displays only IP Address without a Host Name. After using fieldextractor in agents.properties for extract hostname to deviceHostName (Host Name), there will be Host Name, but now without IP address.

Do you have same state and any solution?

Thanks, Jan

0 Likes
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. JanSevela Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: ArcMC Monitoring Summary/Devices

Nobody to help me? 😕

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. mustapha_arakji Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

You need to look into this from the Connector standpoint, make sure the the Hostname and Address are poplulated. Since you used filed extractor to extract the hostname, I would assume the hostname doesn't resolve to an IP address when the Connector search for DNS record, and that's why you see Hostname without an IP.

Mustapha
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. mdearing971 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

@mustapha_arakji wrote:

You need to look into this from the Connector standpoint, make sure the the Hostname and Address are poplulated. Since you used filed extractor to extract the hostname, I would assume the hostname doesn't resolve to an IP address when the Connector search for DNS record, and that's why you see Hostname without an IP.

Sorry if I misread the OP, how is he able to see the information within the logger for the same event? Just sounds to me that he can't see it within the ESM but he can see it within the logger. Please correct me if I am wrong.

MD
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.