Commodore Commodore
Commodore

ArcMC Reinstall - "Update the authentication credentials on the localhost, and then install the ArcMC Agent"

We had to reinstall ArcMC. I now see a message, in ArcMC, for the "Host" called "Localhost" (it's ArcMC) that says "Update the authentication credentials on the localhost, and then install the ArcMC Agent". What account _name_ are they referring-to and is this performed via "change credentials" in ArcMC? I tried to "change credentials" using the account I thought the message was referring-to but no luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

You would need to install local agent on ArcMC server,

We ran into similar issue not long ago, I struggled with it due to permissions, "/tmp noexec" and selinux on the server, but was able to fix it after a bit of research.

Binary for agent is included in ArcMC software package search for it (not sure of exact location now), find ArcSight-ArcMCAgent-x.x.x.x.x.bin file in your current install and then install it at same level as  /"your_arcsight_home"/userdata directory level.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

and what is this "userdata" directory. I do not see it anywhere ?? 

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Try the admin account.

I assume 2.2. Please consider to install 2.2P1

see the following threads for additional info in the comment sections:

https://www.protect724.hpe.com/groups/arcsight-product-announcements/blog/2016/04/17/adp-arcmclogger-patch-for-openssl-a…

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Thanks for those who tried to help us on this issue. Luckily, ArcMC is running on a VM and we were able to snap-back the snapshot to a known good instance of our ArcMC. We're now up-and-running again.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi,

Node Management > View All Nodes > Hosts > Action (Select Action) > "Update credentials"

---

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

I had the same issue, but when I try to install the Agent I found this issue:

[root@arcmc ArcMC]# ./ArcSight-ArcMCAgent-2.6.0.1400.0.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
Verifying JVM.....No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH
environment variable. You must install a VM prior to
running this program.

Regards,
Alif
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.