hybiepoo Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ArcMC - globally disable inactive device alerts

I can't seem to find a way to do this. Is it possible?

The Inactive Device alerts are horribly unreliable. We continue to receive alerts for Device Products that have been disabled.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Carl_E Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: ArcMC - globally disable inactive device alerts

I completely agree.  I was not able to find a way to disable this and was forced to add an Outlook rule to delete the flood of alerts.

Have you also noticed an increase in file system utilization.  Looking at disk utilization since the upgrade, I see that my /opt/arcmc filesystem doesn't stop growing.

My /opt/arcmc/data/pgsql/base/ is now at 40GB and I'm not sure if ArcMC had a scheduled job prior to this release that created a db_dump.sql file but this dump is now at 19GB.

We are also seeing the postmaster process working very hard from 3h00AM till 8h30AM.

My gut says this is all related to the new inactive devices alerts.

Anyone out there seeing the same thing?  We have opened a ticket with Support for the file utilization issue.

If we get an answer back, I'll update this thread.

Thanks,

Carl

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Carl_E Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: ArcMC - globally disable inactive device alerts

In case anyone is seeing the file system utilization growing rapidly for the ArcMC directory, it is a known issue.

Support says it will be fixed in the next release but they have a hotfix you can apply, simply ask Support for the ARCMC-15271 hotfix.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.