Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Outstanding Contributor.. mustapha_arakji Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

ArcMC inactive devices

Jump to solution

Hi,

What can I do if my inactive device showing in the arcmc doesn't exist anymore! how i can remove it?

Mustapha
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ArcMC inactive devices

Jump to solution

Feature presented in version 2.6, now there's a "time-out settings, to age out inactive devices and remove them from management"

Mustapha
0 Likes
11 Replies

Jump to solution

check this:

Mustapha
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Feature presented in version 2.6, now there's a "time-out settings, to age out inactive devices and remove them from management"

Mustapha
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Sheyar Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hallo Mustapha,

I have ArcMc (Version 2.7.1.2065.0), but i cannot find "time-out setting" to age out Inactive devices and remove them.

Cann you please more explain what i should do?

Thanks

0 Likes
Marijo Mandic Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

1) ArcMC GUI -> Dashboard -> Devices by Device Product (bit down in Dashboard view) -> click on some Device Product in circle (for example Unix) -> now you will have "Device Configuration for Unix".
2) Here you can change:
a) Device Product time-out Interval
b) Device age-out Interval
c) Disable Device tracking

Regards,

Marijo

Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you Marijo,

i funded it, but after the Configuration still alot of Device as Inactive Devices.

I configured the Device Product time-out Interval and Device age-out Interval with various Interval Values gradually,

then the nummber of Inactive Devices is reduced from 712 to 182, but they reduced not more, although i configured the time-out Interval: 999999 and the Device age-out Interval: 365.

What should i do to remove them?

Regards,

Sheyar

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Logically I assume if you want to remove them, you need to reduce timers, you increased them, so you told ArcMC to wait more.

So for example, Device age-out Interval to 1 Day, and then check tomorrow (so the 1 day expires).

Settings that can be modified:
Device Product Type Time-Out Interval : If the device does not receive an update during this time period, it will be flagged as Inactive and shown in red.
Device age-out Interval : If all devices of the device’s product type are Inactive following this interval, the product type and all associated devices will be removed from the Topology and Summary views.
Disable Device Tracking : If checked, device tracking for the product type in ArcMC will be stopped and the devices associated with the Product Type will go to the inactive state after Device Product type time-out Interval.

Regards,

Marijo

Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

I adjusted the age-out Interval on 1 day, then the Inactive Devices had been removed.

Than you Marijo

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Sheyar,

you are welcome, I am glad that configuration adjustment helped.

Regards,

Marijo

Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have Just one Problem,

I have a various Products in my Network (Cisco Router, Unix, H3C, ProCurve).

I receive a various values of the Severity: by Cisco Router: the device Severities are Numbers (1,2,3,4 oder 6 and 7)

by Unix they are (info and warning)

by H3C they are (1,3,4,5,6)

by ProCurve they are (info, warning)

The SmartConnector Translated the deviceSeverities to agent Severities (low, Medium, High, Very-high)

Do you have the same Problem?

can you Please Explain that?

Regards

Sheyar

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

And How can i see the Original Syslog Message in ArcSightlogger, not device Severity or agentSeverity, but one Fieldset to Original syslog Message?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. mederic.hurier Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can we change these settings globally instead of going to each device type?

I have 172 decive types so it could take ages to change all of them.

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.