Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

ArcMC killing container

Hi,

Was upgrading container and there was an issue on certification mismatch and even we give the container the cert. It will prompt other error (unauthorized). Hence, we would want to kill the Container and re-built it. but in the webui, we are unable to delete the container. Just to check if there is any other method take we can kill the container?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

It's possible:

Please check this section in ArcMC admin guide chapter 12:

Emergency Restore

The Emergency Restore can be used to restore a severely damaged local container on an appliance. This feature is supported only for containers on the localhost, for the hardware appliance version of ArcSight Management Center

ArcSight recommends that you use this process only when a container is severely damaged and is no longer available. The Emergency Restore process deletes all information about that container and renders it empty. The connector is restored to the AUP version that you select.

To perform an emergency restore:

1. Click System Admin > Repositories.

2. In the navigation panel, click Emergency Restore.

3. Follow the instructions in the wizard.

4. Re-import the SSL certificate for the container.

Mustapha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I tried Emergency restore the container, although it showed that restore was done. But at Node Management, it still show the old version of the Container and is down.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Did you download the certificate for the container?

If yes, then try to restore again, this happened with me once.

Mustapha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello,

I have a situation where i deleted the container file system from the OS and not from the GUI. Now the issue is on the GUI the container is still getting listed and showing as Critical Issue but unable to delete from there. How to force delete the container from GUI or any other config file. Really appreciate any help on this regard.

Cheers

Vinay

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

1) Is this ArcMC SW or ArcMC HW ?
2) Did you try to delete Container that is in location "localhost" on ArcMC HW ?
3) When you say you "deleted the container file system from the OS", you want to say that you used uninstaller to remove this SmartConnector ?
4) Where was this SmartConnector located, for example default one on ArcMC HW on some remote server ?

Regards,

Marijo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

I'm also dealing with this issue.  I tried the emergency restore but the container still shows the same version as before as well as the certificate mismatch error and the container is down, when attempting to add a certificate it gives an error because the container is down?  Is there any known solution to this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

I'm having the same issue.... What is the fix?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi, same issue here. I cannot ressucitate a container managed by an ArcMC 2.8.1 by following the below tips..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

We have the same issue.  We're on ArcMC 2.5.1 (SW) and it's managing 7 connectors on a connector server and the container cannot be removed within ArcMC.

We uninstalled the connector on the connector server with the script located in ../UninstallerData and removed all the folders related to this connector and now when we are trying to remove the container from ArcMc we are having an error telling us cannot delete container from host 'localhost'.

Would it be possible to delete that container from a config file maybe ? or from the command line ? Or any other way.

Next time we want to remove a connector we will start by deleting it from ArcMc before running the script in .../UninstallerData.

Note that our ArcMc software is installed on the same server that is hosting all the 7 connectors.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.