ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

ArcSight-7.3.0.7886.0-Connectors.aup not unpacked to repository

Hi community,

I have downloaded ArcSight-7.3.0.7886.0-Connectors.aup and copied it to ARCSIGHT_HOME/updates/. I'd have expected it to be automatically unpacked to ARCSIGHT_HOME/repository/. But that is not the case, therefore I cannot updrade my connectors. I'm running ESM 6.9.1.2195.0 on RedHat. Any hints?

Thanks in advance, Nils

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Never mind. It seems the download was broken. I have downloaded aup file one again and uploaded it to the Manager. This time it worked.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Upgrade Locally to this Parser Release

Before starting this procedure, verify that you are running the SmartConnector framework version 7.3.0.7886.0. Upgrading to a 7.3 parser AUP release to a SmartConnector release earlier that 7.3.0.7886.0 is not supported by HPE ArcSight.

To upgrade locally to this parser release:

1. Download the appropriate parser release upgrade AUP file from the ArcSight Marketplace site (https://marketplace.saas.hpe.com/arcsight ) at Categories > SmartConnectors or from SSO (https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/)

2. Stop the SmartConnector.

3. To perform the parser upgrade, run the command: arcsight parseraupupgradelocal [your_upgrade_to_parser].aup [your_ignore_warning_flag]

where:

[your_upgrade_to_parser].aup is the full path of the upgrade to parser AUP file (the file downloaded in step 1.) This file will be moved by the upgrade script. Verify that no other process is holding this file. [your_ignore_warning_flag] is the true/false flag indicating whether you want to ignore the “Parser AUP has later version than the connector” warning

4. The connector will be started automatically after upgrade has completed.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

where should i run the command arcsight parseraupupgradelocal??

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi m.elhajj,
you should run it from the current/bin folder which is your installation path.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.